Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

I got my price match. :cheer: What a deal that was!

I can't seem to log into YouTube to post a video, I might have to give that a miss this time.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
I got my price match. :cheer: What a deal that was! I can't seem to log into YouTube to post a video, I might have to give that a miss this time.

Massive and excellent result gel, well done mate :bounce:

That is a massive bargain and you must be over the moon that you got the price match, what a result. Shame about the YouTube video as I was really looking forward to seeing it in action on my TV.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I got my price match. :cheer: What a deal that was! I can't seem to log into YouTube to post a video, I might have to give that a miss this time.

Result, Gel!

Just think what you could do with the money you've saved. Professional calibration, perhaps? :grin:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
gel said:

Result, Gel!

Just think what you could do with the money you've saved. Professional calibration, perhaps? :grin:

That's the spirit strapped! Eventually he will cave and get it done if we keep suggesting it...does seem like a waste having a TV that good and not getting a calibration carried out :grin:

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:
That's the spirit strapped! Eventually he will cave and get it done if we keep suggesting it...does seem like a waste having a TV that good and not getting a calibration carried out :grin:

Gel seems pretty set against a pro-cal, because he has little faith that the TV will work properly for long enough to justify the investment. I think it's worth asking a calibrator what they'd be prepared to do should the TV develop a terminal fault post-calibration.

I'm assuming you're still happy with Julian's work, Oldboy.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of gels concerns regarding calibration and knowing his recent history with TVs I can't say I blame him as he has been through a few lately but I'm of the same opinion as you that perhaps a chat to a calibrator before deciding would be beneficial as there may be some sort of arrangement available with those concerns in mind, it's something I considered.

It was bit of a leap of faith for myself in all honesty and the worry hasn't left me since the calibration was done but I have accepted the potential pifalls because every time I turn the TV on I'm still completely satisfied with the results as there is no doubt it has resulted in huge gains in picture quality.

I had a friend round the other night when Jools Holland started again on BBC2 HD and she said the picture was amazing and just like being in the crowd watching. I get moments like that all the time with movies and some TV so the benefits can't be overstated, a pro calibration makes a massive difference to picture quality.

As you can probably guess I'm over the moon with Julian's work and would recommend him to anyone looking to have a calibration done, pound for pound I firmly beleive it's the best upgrade in my entire system I have ever had and praise doesn't come any higher than that.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:

Result, Gel!

Cheers mate, definitely is a result. :cheers: A week before my GT50 went wrong I was getting ready to buy the GT60, now I own the VT65! :cheer:

I won't bother buying another plasma now.
smiley-laughing.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

The thing is I now own two Blu-ray players and that wasn't part of my plans. Lucky I still have the Sony TV too. Oh well. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Yes I'm aware of gels concerns regarding calibration and knowing his recent history with TVs I can't say I blame him as he has been through a few lately but I'm of the same opinion as you that perhaps a chat to a calibrator before deciding would be beneficial as there may be some sort of arrangement available with those concerns in mind, it's something I considered.

It was bit of a leap of faith for myself in all honesty and the worry hasn't left me since the calibration was done but I have accepted the potential pifalls because every time I turn the TV on I'm still completely satisfied with the results as there is no doubt it has resulted in huge gains in picture quality. I had a friend round the other night when Jools Holland started again on BBC2 HD and she said the picture was amazing and just like being in the crowd watching. I get moments like that all the time with movies and some TV so the benefits can't be overstated, a pro calibration makes a massive difference to picture quality.

As you can probably guess I'm over the moon with Julian's work and would recommend him to anyone looking to have a calibration done, pound for pound I firmly beleive it's the best upgrade in my entire system I have ever had and praise doesn't come any higher than that.

Nice one! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, I am yet to decide what I will spend the extra cash on. Pretty delighted only paying £265 for the VT65, that is a massive bonus, the price match was easy as too. Didn't question it nothing just done it. All they ask was for a physical store.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
The thing is I now own two Blu-ray players and that wasn't part of my plans. Lucky I still have the Sony TV too. Oh well. :)

You almost had 3 gel! ;)

smiley-laughing.gif
I think I went a bit crazy there! I am struggling what to think to do with the Pioneer now. Definitely a good back up to the Oppo though, although they are virtually identical!
smiley-laughing.gif

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

you jammy ***

well done though mate, that's a great result. Was that with totaldigital.biz? How far do you live from the shop, as its in store only?

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:

you jammy ***

well done though mate, that's a great result. Was that with totaldigital.biz? How far do you live from the shop, as its in store only?

Yep, it was, I live in Milton Keynes mate. All they asked for was an actual shop - easy as!
smiley-smile.gif

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

you jammy ***

Yep, it was, I live in Milton Keynes mate. All they asked for was an actual shop - easy as!
smiley-smile.gif

was that i store or online? When I tried a price match they wouldn't do it based on distance. That was online

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

you jammy ***

smiley-smile.gif

was that i store or online? When I tried a price match they wouldn't do it based on distance. That was online

It was on the phone Instore. I would try again if I was you, because Oldboy got a price match online. You just have to keep trying. Some other shops you can use are:

http://www.electricalexperience.co.uk/panasonic-tx-p50vt65-50vt65-50-inch-3d-smart-plasma-television-with-built-in-wi-fi-hexa-processing-engine.html

https://www.tvandvideodirect.co.uk/panasonic-tx-p50vt65b-50vt65-50-inch-3d-smart-plasma-television-with-built-in-wi-fi-hexa-processing-engine.html

You should try again with Total Digital and argue you case if they disagree again, it is an actual shop and that is all that should count.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy, just found my YouTube password and am uploading it now. Not sure about the quality, you will have to give me some feedback. I might have to do another one. I have done Batman Begins. About 30 min wait.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am doing two, here is the first one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_Eshy4NUY&feature=youtu.be

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

you jammy ***

smiley-smile.gif

It was on the phone Instore. I would try again if I was you, because Oldboy got a price match online. You just have to keep trying. Some other shops you can use are:

http://www.electricalexperience.co.uk/panasonic-tx-p50vt65-50vt65-50-inch-3d-smart-plasma-television-with-built-in-wi-fi-hexa-processing-engine.html

https://www.tvandvideodirect.co.uk/panasonic-tx-p50vt65b-50vt65-50-inch-3d-smart-plasma-television-with-built-in-wi-fi-hexa-processing-engine.html

You should try again with Total Digital and argue you case if they disagree again, it is an actual shop and that is all that should count.

cheers for those, ill give them a try if I get mine sorted. I think John Lewis argument before was as the product could only be purchased i store and its about 6 hours for me to get there they wouldn't match. If I do it i might try it in store. My nearest one being Stratford

D

Deleted member 2457

Second one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxZGaI85QiY&feature=youtu.be

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

you jammy ***

smiley-smile.gif

cheers for those, ill give them a try if I get mine sorted. I think John Lewis argument before was as the product could only be purchased i store and its about 6 hours for me to get there they wouldn't match. If I do it i might try it in store. My nearest one being Stratford

gel is right rocket...give it another try.

John Lewis initially rejected my price match in store for my Samsung 55F8000 as they were of the opinion that the Total Digital site was a web based shop and didn't have a physical store, I argued my case on the phone when they phoned and told them the address of the showroom and told them they have a physical store with details of it on the site. They also had another argument which I can't recall now but when I informed them that John Lewis online had price matched the exact same one I had asked for in store and could provide details of that price match they said they would reconsider and ring me back.

An hour later and I got the price match in store when they phoned me back, I was told it was a one off and on this occasion they would honour it but it was a bit of a fight. As long as you are aware of the T&Cs of the price match which are very clear on the JL site then you can argue your case. Distance to the store was never an issue for me and TotalDigital is roughly a 4-5 hour drive for me as I'm in Essex and they are up north I beleive.

Give it another try and argue your case if they say no mate, it's a valid price match I can tell you that much.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
It's always Batman with you, Gel! :grin:

Have you got 24p Smooth Film on? The video looks like there's some extra motion processing applied. (Could just be the way the video turned out.)

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
It's always Batman with you, Gel! :grin:

Have you got 24p Smooth Film on? The video looks like there's some extra motion processing applied. (Could just be the way the video turned out.)

I do like Batman.
smiley-laughing.gif
I am not sure with the settings, it is just on factory settings, I have never touched them. I think the videos could look better though. They were done on my iPhone 4S.

D

Deleted member 2457

I just sold my 3D glasses for £50, so that brings my total outlay down to roughly £210. Not bad going! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts