Mark on my Plasma Screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Try again, I seem to get a black mark on my plasma screen that appears and then disappears again, here it is:

9501415053_cfebbb0953.jpg

It is on right hand side next to the black bezel. When I had a Pioneer plasma I got very similar screen burn that was bigger than this going right down the screen. But this is not screen burn it comes and goes, I cannot see it while watching TV or anything but was just wondering what people thought it might be? Cheers.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
No one knows then? :?

I got exactly the same thing with my GT30 gel but it was visible when watching the TV, it was a dark shadowy line on the same side and affected all sources, never did find out what it was or what was causing it but the TV was replaced by Richer Sounds.

It doesn't look like IR or burn but can you see it during dark scenes on any of your sources? Seems very strange but if you can't see it during normal viewing I would be inclined to not worry about it mate.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
No one knows then? :?

I got exactly the same thing with my GT30 gel but it was visible when watching the TV, it was a dark shadowy line on the same side and affected all sources, never did find out what it was or what was causing it but the TV was replaced by Richer Sounds.

It doesn't look like IR or burn but can you see it during dark scenes on any of your sources? Seems very strange but if you can't see it during normal viewing I would be inclined to not worry about it mate.

Ah cheers mate. I had it really bad on the Pioneer 5090 too, that I could see on normal viewing, and that basically ruined the screen too - interesting!

Nope at the moment I haven't seen it when watching normal TV. It also seems to come and go! I will check it out again soon and let you know again.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm your Pioneer 5090 screen sounds exactly the same as I got with my GT30 mate, that can't be a coincidence.

If it's intermittent in nature I would stick with it and monitor it closely but if it affects everyday viewing then it's time to act...if it ain't broke don't fix it mate ;)

Keep me updated though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Hmmm your Pioneer 5090 screen sounds exactly the same as I got with my GT30 mate, that can't be a coincidence.

If it's intermittent in nature I would stick with it and monitor it closely but if it affects everyday viewing then it's time to act...if it ain't broke don't fix it mate ;)

Keep me updated though.

Will do, it seems to have faded now!
smiley-smile.gif

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:

Keep me updated though.

smiley-smile.gif

hows the mark going gel?

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

Keep me updated though.

smiley-smile.gif

hows the mark going gel?

It has completely faded again! No sign of it.
smiley-smile.gif
I started to look more to see of I could see it on normal TV but couldn't see it on any source.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

Keep me updated though.

smiley-smile.gif

hows the mark going gel?

smiley-smile.gif
I started to look more to see of I could see it on normal TV but couldn't see it on any source.

that is good news, glad to hear its all ok

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

Keep me updated though.

smiley-smile.gif

hows the mark going gel?

smiley-smile.gif

that is good news, glad to hear its all ok

Cheers mate.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Good news gel :grin:

Hope it doesn't come back but as said earlier probably just a panel ageing issue so fingers crossed it's issue free from here on mate.

Cheers mate.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Just turned my TV off and the black mark appears to be back and very strong!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have a guy from John Lewis coming to see it Thursday.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:

It doesn't sound good that it seems intermittent in nature gel, does it impact on the picture when the TV is on or is it still limited to when it's switched off? Sorry to hear the bad news though and just hope John Lewis are able to offer a suitable solution asap, keep us posted with what the engineer has to say on Thursday :cry:

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:

is that for repair under the John Lewis warranty. I'm guessing yours is over 1 year old?

Yep, 5 year warranty. The guy on the phone thought it would be a right off. So I guess I will be swapping it. Hello VT65!
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

It doesn't sound good that it seems intermittent in nature gel, does it impact on the picture when the TV is on or is it still limited to when it's switched off? Sorry to hear the bad news though and just hope John Lewis are able to offer a suitable solution asap, keep us posted with what the engineer has to say on Thursday :cry:

Will do mate. At times I can and others can't, it also depends on the lighting and source and picture. But it is a black mark straight down the screen. I am guessing on 3D it is going to be a lot worse too? Surely it will light up? I get my 3D glasses soon, so I will look. But I don't like the look of this, it is not on the other side.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Will do mate. At times I can and others can't, it also depends on the lighting and source and picture. But it is a black mark straight down the screen. I am guessing on 3D it is going to be a lot worse too? Surely it will light up? I get my 3D glasses soon, so I will look. But I don't like the look of this, it is not on the other side.

That really doesn't sound good especially as it's now seeping into the picture now, you have my sympathies mate. With all due respect the guy on the phone can say what he likes but unless he is an engineer he's not in a position to comment, it could be something simple to fix or even a known issue so it's far to early to say it's a right off.

I've had similar comments made to me about faulty TVs and they went on to replace parts and screens to solve the issue, I would love them to just replace the TV for you though mate as you could get the VT65 then which would be a brilliant result. Fingers crossed for you but I'm sure they will try to repair it first so you may well be waving goodbye to the TV for a few weeks and I know just how frustrating that can be eh ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
Here's hoping you have better luck with John Lewis than I'm having with Panasonic and my retailer!

Why what did they say? :?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
Here's hoping you have better luck with John Lewis than I'm having with Panasonic and my retailer!

Why what did they say? :?

im still arguing with them that two white vertical lines down the middle of the screen is clearly a screen fault and nothing to do with the broadcast from bbc or itv. The fact you can see it on boot up and they still claim it's not faulty is unbelievable. I've past it back to the retailer to sort out although I'm not hopeful. They don't seem to want to replace the tv without Panasonic picking up the cost. I'm now on my 2nd tv and my fourth repair!

Hopefully as yours is John Lewis you'll get better customer service and a much better outcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts