Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Went in the shop spoke to the manager who recognise me from my previous purchases, and sorted the situation out! A VT65 being delivered Wednesday! :dance: :dance: :cheer:

well done mate , JL customer service restored :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
That's an excellent result gel. The extra cash is well spent just for the upgrade rather than getting the GT50 repaired and hopefully this one serves you better fingers crossed.

Knowing you I wouldn't be surprised to hear next week that you get the price match well under the £200 figure you have quoted...as our resident bargain hunter I wouldn't be surprised if you get vthe whole £600 back mate ;)

I'm just happy you got a great result in the end and look forward to some pics and a YouTube vid :dance:

Cheers mate. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
That's a result, Gel. Congrats! :grin:

I'm sure you'll post with your thoughts once you have the TV.

3D is much better on the VT65, though you'll need to make sure your TPS glasses are properly set up. Assuming you have the latest TPS glasses, you'll need to double click the function button to optimise them for use with this year's Panasonic plasmas. The light should then flash five times (if I remember rightly).

That's not the main reason you bought the TV, but it's worth trying a few 3D BDs. I found 3D more comfortable and more effective on the VT65.

I'll be interested to hear about fan noise, too. More recently manufactured VT65s come with the fan fix already applied. I'd be grateful if you could post with your thoughts on how loud the fans are.

Roll on Wednesday...

Cheers mate. I didn't know about the fan fix! I will do. Should be all up and running Wednesday night.

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
Went in the shop spoke to the manager who recognise me from my previous purchases, and sorted the situation out! A VT65 being delivered Wednesday! :dance: :dance: :cheer:

Cheers mate. Just need to sort you out now. Any news?

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the second great warranty result ive heard of this week. Another guy got a new Projector a series up because of a fault...The manager of shop done it as a Good will gesture due to customer loyalty...& now reading this makes me smile... Good one Gel big difference between 65"s vs. 50"s. You can't beat a bigger size screen for cinematic atmosphere...Congrats Mate. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

johnjay said:
This is the second great warranty result ive heard of this week. Another guy got a new Projector a series up because of a fault...The manager of shop done it as a Good will gesture due to customer loyalty...& now reading this makes me smile... Good one Gel big difference between 65"s vs. 50"s. You can't beat a bigger size screen for cinematic atmosphere...Congrats Mate. :cheers:

Cheers mate. :cheers: I can't wait to get it now.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

If anyone has any preferences for my pictures and YouTube video I will try and do it?
smiley-smile.gif

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
If anyone has any preferences for my pictures and YouTube video I will try and do it?
smiley-smile.gif

How about the first scene from Batman the Dark Knight and the scene under Gotham where they catch the Joker at the end where the lorry flips over. A good differnece there for full colour and dark blacks :)

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

nothing yet mate. Not heard from store from original e-mail for two weeks so sent e-mail yesterday with formal letter attached asking for full refund in next two weeks and also sent the same letter recorded delivery. Also called my credit card firm and it has been passed to there recovery team, I think or something like that, that deals with these issues and I should here from them in the next week or so to see what else needs doing and if they will or wont accept it. Its a waiting game for me now. If I don't get anything from the store in two weeks I'll pop down there and maybe kick up a stink on the shop floor >)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Well done gel.
clap.gif

I might need the managers details quite soon, but I'll have to give them a decent chance to make the tv right first.

Let us know what you think of the VT.

D

Deleted member 2457

CnoEvil said:
I'm glad it all got sorted in the end.....enjoy your new toy.

Cheers buddy. :cheers: It is funny before the mark appeared I was getting ready to purchase the GT60 to use as well as my GT50, but when my GT50 went wrong I only had the VT65 to go for. My first flagship since my Philips 32pf9731d!
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

nothing yet mate. Not heard from store from original e-mail for two weeks so sent e-mail yesterday with formal letter attached asking for full refund in next two weeks and also sent the same letter recorded delivery. Also called my credit card firm and it has been passed to there recovery team, I think or something like that, that deals with these issues and I should here from them in the next week or so to see what else needs doing and if they will or wont accept it. Its a waiting game for me now. If I don't get anything from the store in two weeks I'll pop down there and maybe kick up a stink on the shop floor >)

Fingers crossed for an outcome then. Yep, in person seems to have its advantages. Keep us updated.

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
smiley-smile.gif

How about the first scene from Batman the Dark Knight and the scene under Gotham where they catch the Joker at the end where the lorry flips over. A good differnece there for full colour and dark blacks :)

I can do that.
smiley-smile.gif

Any pictures people would like?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well done gel.
clap.gif

I might need the managers details quite soon, but I'll have to give them a decent chance to make the tv right first.

Cheers mate. :cheers: They have a technical support area in the TV bit in the Milton Keynes store, I had never noticed that bit before! That is where the first manager I saw took me. There I told a lady what had happened she then went and spoke to another manager who said yep we will do it for you.
smiley-smile.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well done gel.
clap.gif

Cheers mate. :cheers: They have a technical support area in the TV bit in the Milton Keynes store, I had never noticed that bit before! That is where the first manager I saw took me. There I told a lady what had happened she then went and spoke to another manager who said yep we will do it for you.
smiley-smile.gif

Was the lady in her fifties, dark hair, plenty of make-up on, but not unattractive in a older lady type way?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well done gel.
clap.gif

smiley-smile.gif

Was the lady in her fifties, dark hair, plenty of make-up on, but not unattractive in a older lady type way?

She was quite fit but 40 plus I suppose, had blue eyes (I think).
smiley-smile.gif
Her eyes were definitely not brown, I think she had blonde to brown hair. Slim and attractive.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Two days! :clap:

Not that you are counting or anything mate ;)

Are they doing a swap at your door gel or do you have to collect it from the store and do the swap there? And how is the price match going, have you got the cost down to zero yet?

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

Are they doing a swap at your door gel or do you have to collect it from the store and do the swap there? And how is the price match going, have you got the cost down to zero yet?

They are delivering the VT65 and collecting my GT50. Not hit them with a price match yet, I think I am looking at about £270.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
gel said:

They are delivering the VT65 and collecting my GT50. Not hit them with a price match yet, I think I am looking at about £270.

That's good news as it saves all the hassle of travelling to the store and is exactly what John Lewis done with my 55F8000 swap.

Even at £270 that's a good deal to get the VT65, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when it arrives as I thought it was a major step up from previous Panny plasmas when I auditioned it...you know how close I came to getting one despite my previous issues with Panny plasmas so that speaks volumes of how impressed I was with it.

Hope you get that price down further by Wednesday, how long have you got to get a price match out of interest??

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:
gel said:

That's good news as it saves all the hassle of travelling to the store and is exactly what John Lewis done with my 55F8000 swap.

Even at £270 that's a good deal to get the VT65, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when it arrives as I thought it was a major step up from previous Panny plasmas when I auditioned it...you know how close I came to getting one despite my previous issues with Panny plasmas so that speaks volumes of how impressed I was with it.

Hope you get that price down further by Wednesday, how long have you got to get a price match out of interest??

At the moment the bill is about £600, I hope to get it down to about £270. You have about 28 days I think after purchase to do a price match.

D

Deleted member 2457

I paid £1206 for my GT50, and the VT65 was £1800. So they just done the difference.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
28 days is a very good service and gives you plenty of time to try and drive the price down gel but the deal you got on the VT65 in store was a good one even without a price match, to get rid of the GT50 for £600 seems a good deal to me.

Not long to go now until the VT65 arrives, you must be chuffed mate. Great excuse to have the day off if you can ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts