Marantz MR 502 disappointment !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I rushed to my local Borders today thinking there was going to be a review of the MARANTZ 502 against the DENON and ARCAM MINI SOLO as promised. I was very disappointed when it was not the and not another date set for it.

Has anyone listened to the MARANTZ ? I'm not even sure it has DAB, some say it does some say it doesent ! I'm confussed !

Regards to all

A

Anonymous

The Marantz has been delayed slightly, as has our review so apologies.

A non-UK FM Only version exists, but the UK model due next month will feature DAB.

We'll bring you the review asap

A

Anonymous

i was hoping for the review also, i cant decide between the dm37, cr725 and the marantz. i am looking for warm full spectrum sound from an all in one. one thing i noticed about the marantz spec is the amp frequency response only goes to 20khz which on paper seems alot less than the other micros.

A

Anonymous

Richard, thanks for letting me know the situation. Do you think a review will come before the next issue ? From what i've read from around the world it does not look good for the Marantz but I will reserve my judgement until your review !

Regards

Hexar

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
At the moment I don't think we will have a review sample in time for the next issue. AFAIK we don't have one yet, and the June issue closes at the end of this week, so...

A

Anonymous

CR-502 vs. DM37 vs Solo Mini

So what does the latest edition say?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It'll be in shops by Thursday at the latest...though i'm sure a helpful subscriber (who'll already have their copy) may help out before then!

A

Anonymous

Sure Claire!

Marantz didn't beat the Arcam and but got respectable 4 stars; arcam retained its 5 stars. Marantz was deemed better than the Denon but it was not reviewed side-by-side :) Don't have the mag in front of me so can't give you all the details.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To clarify - the Denon was comparatively tested with the rest of the higher-priced systems in the July issue, as a budget benchmark. It's just that a re-review of the system doesn't appear in the same feature in this issue.

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif
A four star rating is not bad!

A

Anonymous

From way I read the review this morning it seems the MARANTZ has a problem so it has to be the DENON go staight to the SOLO MINI, shame ! as I can;t afford it !

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A four-star product certainly doesn't have 'a problem'! As urged in the review, the Marantz 'deserves a good long demo' and is 'more than worthy of audition' - I suggest you do just that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts