The best budget all in one streaming amp with power

gasolin

Is there any the best all in one amp with streaming,internet radio,dab +,bluetooth, tidal connect, a good dac and a fair amount of power

Marantz NR1200 compact and has it all but some say the amp lacks power, Denon DRA-800H is not recomended according to amirm on audio science reviews, Denon PMA-900HNE only has 2x50 watt in 8 ohm and is expensive, Marantz PM7000N is the same, not alot of power and 1000 euros where i live

Yamaha R-N600A ?

What is there else that costs as little or less then a Marantz NR1200 (discontinued but you can stil buy one) but with power ?

Last edited:

gasolin

It's not with a no limit budget, i only have speakers i payed less than 500 euros for and won't buy a 1000 euro amp

The yamaha amp someone say it's not safe to use since it has less power in 4 ohm then 8 ohm

If you know me you would know i wouldn't consider a 1000 euro amp

Last edited:

WayneKerr

It's not with a no limit budget, i only have speakers i payed less than 500 euros for and won't buy 1000 euro amp

The yamaha amp someone say it's not safe to use since it has less power in 4 ohm then 8 ohm

If you know me you would know i wouldn't consider a 1000 euro amp
Gasolin, you are a great guy but I've watched you change your system countless times over the years and you only seem to be happy for 6 months. Why don't you do a proper upgrade instead of exchanging one budget system for another.... you will save a lot of money in the long run and be more content (y)

Gray

Gasolin, you are a great guy but I've watched you change your system countless times over the years and you only seem to be happy for 6 months. Why don't you do a proper upgrade instead of exchanging one budget system for another.... you will save a lot of money in the long run and be more content (y)
Wish I'd been given that advice years ago myself.

gasolin

Off course you have to try amps with the rest of your system, buying used not from a store, you can get something that you can't return, if it sonically don't match with the rest of the system (or don't have enough power).

Didn't lose money on the last 3 amp i sold

A new or even used all in one streamer + what ever i can get for my current amp and mabye dac to save space,cables, could give me a better amp, my amp as i have wrote a few times don't work with the yamaha control app, airplay with android sucks and theres no bluetooth,dab radio, i was lucky enough to get net radio to work ($6 for a year).

Upgrading can also give me better sound

Still have my tape deck, the denon cdplayer i have i only got because my yamaha entry level cdplayer is so slow to open and close the tray, start, changing tracks, had my yamaha cdplayer for more than 2 years, the denon works as it should and is normal fast to open,close, start,playing, next track, it has what i missed about my yamaha cdplayer

gasolin

Wish I'd been given that advice years ago myself.

sometimes when you young you get advice you don't follow, because you have to try something, doing that even when it's don't play to loud or you go deaf or don't do that you just get hurt, we still do it.

Life experince, sometimes you can look back when your older and laugh at what you did when your where young

Forgot to mention it's almost black friday, some shops in Denmark have price match and price warranty, if it within 30 days or black friday happens to be cheaper, i would get it at that price if i bought it at a higher price

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

gasolin

I might have to specify it more precisely, low budget

My current amp has no dab,no bluetooth, no musiccast,airplay not working fluid, no android app that works with my amp/phone so i can control my amp on the phone or a cheap tablet only for streaming.

One unit that has it all + power and low price

Last edited:

ijohn

Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
In this review (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59vcz0STcs
) for the Yamaha R-N800A that dropped two days ago, the reviewer makes an interesting point about how great the Yamaha app is; especially in comparison the Denon. It's the same app as the 600A, and if you would use the app a good deal that could make all the difference in your day-to-day user experience.

In regards to the R-N600A not being safe, are you referring to the Scientific Audiophile video review?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkVIPgUKsgI

If so, there's a quick discussion on another forum that makes sense to me.
Additionally, like my 800A, the 600A has an advanced setting for driving 4-6 ohm loads. So the unit is designed to handle 4 ohm loads. And yeah, I get that they are the manufacturer, but I'd still trust Yamaha over a self-designated audio science guru.
(Advanced setting discussed on page 23 of the manual.
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20231120153400/Manuals/022/022RN6HABL.PDF )

While I was on Crutchfield looking up the 600A manual, I see that both the 600A and 800A are $200 off right now.
Also, Safe and Sound has a silver 800A open box for $959 with the 18 month, 0% interest.

Good luck!

Fandango Andy

Is there any the best all in one amp with streaming,internet radio,dab +,bluetooth, tidal connect, a good dac and a fair amount of power

Marantz NR1200 compact and has it all but some say the amp lacks power, Denon DRA-800H is not recomended according to amirm on audio science reviews, Denon PMA-900HNE only has 2x50 watt in 8 ohm and is expensive, Marantz PM7000N is the same, not alot of power and 1000 euros where i live

Yamaha R-N600A ?

What is there else that costs as little or less then a Marantz NR1200 (discontinued but you can stil buy one) but with power ?
The NT1200 looks like a good buy, you can get one I the UK for £599 which is £50 less than the PM7000N. Then at £799 there is the Merantz Stereo 70s. If I was in the market for something like this I would want to hear them all before deciding. Unless you have hard to drive speakers you are unlikely to notice the small power difference.

Having said all that, I'm not sure I would want to go all in one. The technology of streamers and DACs is moving quicker than any other hifi component. You can pick up a WiiM Mini/Pro for £89/£149 and a decent budget DAC for £60 to £100. This gives more options for upgrade in future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts