Mains Cables - can they help Picture as well as Audio?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]Not sure where all this talk about five year olds came from? Someones been around wacko jacko too long.[/quote]

It a quote by Groucho Marx . I thought it appropriate in the context of John's comments re:

[quote user="JohnDuncan"] Ditto. Or is that Zippo? Or Groucho? Or Harpic? Does that kill all known threads dead? Shall I get me coat?[/quote]

and some of the more learn'd' comments so far expressed

A

Anonymous

Blimey, this threads still going
emotion-3.gif
Just to leet you all know that I've aquired a Tacima mains block and conditioner - should keep the insurers happy when / if it all goes belly up.

A

Anonymous

Yes it does (depending on how good the cable is) ÿ- if it's any good you'll get better blacks / colour separation and an improvement in clarity.

A

Anonymous

The instruction manual on my new Bryston power amp states "Power filters/conditioners do NOT affect the sound of this piece of equipment". I have the Tacima filter mainly for the surge protection, but as for any perceived improvement in audio, Id agree with the Canadian power merchants.

A

Anonymous

Mr S:Yes it does (depending on how good the cable is) - if it's any good you'll get better blacks / colour separation and an improvement in clarity.

That is not the case. All mains cables will work equally well if up to the job and the expensive ones are no better performance wise than the ones that come with the equipment. They might look better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts