Mains Cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
8)

Well The Q Do Mains Cables Make A Diffrence !!! The Ans Is A Big YES. It All Started With The New Dac For My Laptop (rdac) Did The

Usb Cable Make A Diferance Already Had A QED Purple One Which Sounded Fine With Old Dac (HRT Music Streamer 2) But Richard @ Harrow Audio Did Me Yet Another Deal And I Got A Wireworld Ultravoilet 5 Set Up rDac First Used qed Sounds Good Played Some Music Then Swaped To New Lead WELL It Was Like Some One Had removed Cotton Wool From In Font Of The Spearkes So I Wonderd Did Other Cables Make Differance Allready Knew That Speaker Cable & Interconnects Did . So A Few Weeks passed then the wife said shall we get a new tv as offers like that dont come to offten of we went and got a 46" samsung led wow so started to look for a new HDMI Cable 1st stop awards page AudioQuest Pearl 2011 Winner Ok Orderd one got it pluged it in colour better less drag on picture so started thinking again (rearly should stop this ) so started the resherch on mains cables etc . so read about the tacimacs929 lookd around found it online for £29.52 free post so orderd it few days latter it was here so pluged into wallcsocket for hifi thinking its only 30 quid WELL what a differance more open sound sat up till 2am listeing to music so then got one for tv @ sky box @ 2.1 spearkes WOWagain so then started looking into mains cables lots of fourms then came across Mains Cables R Us so orderd 2x no14 for tv & sky box Again WOW Bettter depth f1 hd wicked had to turn down base on sub so this morining @7.15 the postman knocks on door with a brown box inside 2x no14 for pre & power & 1xAsylum for lingo have not stoped listning to music all day .david @ MCRUS is very helpfull and helpfull SO THE ANSWER IS YES THEY DO MAKE A BIG DIFFRENCE .

A

Anonymous

yes and it only cost me £250. that includes a 10mtr lan cable from conrad on ebay cat7 flat only 17.0 free p&p

A

Anonymous

Hope it helps some of you make your minds up i thought it was cheeper than spending 1000s on new kit

A

Anonymous

[UNPUBLISHED DUPLICATE POST]

I thought i forgot something the last few weeks ,try it they do make a differance

A

Anonymous

I thought i forgot something the last few weeks ,try it they do make a differance

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Nigel. :)

Try wearing a blindfold and getting a friend to swap the cables around a few times for you while you listen.

Like you I can also hear differences between cables when I can see which ones I'm listening to but as soon as I put a blindfold on the differences disappear.

michael hoy

Made my own cables and very happy.

6911144514_e0644c8881.jpg

Furutech IEC, Mains plug and Mains cable, wrapped up in some black braid.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:

Fine looking job. As a matter of interest, where have you put them and where did you get the biggest improvements?

I see you have an assortment.....are yours as good or much better?

michael hoy

CnoEvil said:
michael hoy said:

Fine looking job. As a matter of interest, where have you put them and where did you get the biggest improvements?

I see you have an assortment.....are yours as good or much better?

Still in the early days of testing, first one plugged into OPPO 95, replacing one of the Russ Andrews and a second one into the sky box, replacing the Merlin.

It is hard for me to swap the leads around due to everything being in a cabinet, but initial tests are encouraging i.e. not any worse than current cable PQ wise.

I have just completed another cable for my LX85, but this is not plugged in yet.

Although I have built the cables myself the cost has not been cheap, IEC - £45, Mains Plug £85 and Mains Cable - £3 / m and these are 1.5 mtr cables apart from the one in the picture which is 1 mtr.

I will post back when I can pass on more information.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Still in the early days of testing, first one plugged into OPPO 95, replacing one of the Russ Andrews and a second one into the sky box, replacing the Merlin.

It is hard for me to swap the leads around due to everything being in a cabinet, but initial tests are encouraging i.e. not any worse than current cable PQ wise.

I have just completed another cable for my LX85, but this is not plugged in yet.

Although I have built the cables myself the cost has not been cheap, IEC - £45, Mains Plug £85 and Mains Cable - £3 / m and these are 1.5 mtr cables apart from the one in the picture which is 1 mtr.

I will post back when I can pass on more information.

I think the biggest jump is replacing the standard lead......and there is no doubt that decent connectors are expensive.

I got the biggest improvement in the amps and Sky Box ( Furutech F8 )

Look forward to your findings.

SteveR750

steve_1979 said:
Hi Nigel. :)

Try wearing a blindfold and getting a friend to swap the cables around a few times for you while you listen.

Like you I can also hear differences between cables when I can see which ones I'm listening to but as soon as I put a blindfold on the differences disappear.

You've got it the wrong way round again....blindfold with Hi Fi, earplugs with TV.....

A

Anonymous

nice to see some of you have tried the cable test havent been around have spent the last few weeks listening to music and not my hifi for a change

A

Anonymous

well today the postman posted another brown jiffy bag through the door in side was the sbooster for my rdac from mark grant cables its a mains fillter only £29.00 inc post just started listing will let you know more later so far so good

A

Anonymous

Nigel, just enjoy them mate and don't listen to these lot.
smiley-cool.gif
If it works for you then fine.

TRENDING THREADS