FLuance TR-85 and Mani 2 preamp problems

JeffRome2023

Jul 29, 2023
Visit site
suddenly lost my L channel from my turntable. I thought it was the headshell connections and initially after I recrimped them, it worked again for a few weeks. Then lost that channel again. I replaced the Mani 2 with a Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 preamp and a new Technics turntable (I was ready to upgrade anyway) and every thing worked great. So I got a new headshell for the Fluance turntable and left channel still not working with Pro-Ject preamp. AND I tried the Mani 2 with the new TT and it also lacks L channel.
Any ideas? Both the Mani 2 AND the Fluance TT lack L channel. Did the amp go bad and knock out my TT? Vice versa?

Gray

Any ideas? Both the Mani 2 AND the Fluance TT lack L channel. Did the amp go bad and knock out my TT? Vice versa?
AND you said the new Technics turntable lacked L channel too didn't you?

That's question 1:
What happens when you connect the new Technics TT to each of the preamps?

If, with that, there's no L channel using both the preamps, then you'll need to look beyond them for the cause.

My initial guess would be that the output cable from preamp(s) may have been causing all of your L channel issues.

What are you connecting to?

Last edited:

JeffRome2023

Jul 29, 2023
Visit site
No all works except the Schiit Mani 2 L channel AND the Fluance turntable L channel, tested both with other components and both lack L channel.

Connecting to Sony DN 1080 receiver. Which works fine.

Gray

No all works except the Schiit Mani 2 L channel AND the Fluance turntable L channel
Bit of a coincidence there then 🤔

If you've got a multimeter, you can do continuity checks on the Fluance - with the headshell detached - from the 4 contacts in the arm to the RCA plugs.

(If the Fluance has a built-in phono preamp, make sure it's switched to phono for the continuity checks).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts