admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading on another forum about the 'M&K revival' I had a browse around and found they do actually make a package in my price range, the K1 system. However, I know absolutely nothing about these speakers and information's sparse regarding M&K so here's my question.

What kind of speakers are the comparible to in terms of performance and also, what should I be looking to pair them with?

They'll be used wholely for movies so music performance isn't an issue at all.

Cheers all.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Lewis201: After reading on another forum about the 'M&K revival' I had a browse around and found they do actually make a package in my price range, the K1 system. However, I know absolutely nothing about these speakers and information's sparse regarding M&K so here's my question. The K1 system is their entry level system, and was £995, but have recently been reduced (they were actually about £1500!) as they will be slowly phased out for the Alpha replacements. Like all M&K's, they're voiced to suit movies, so they give you something that hi-fi and lifestyle speakers do not. They were a bargain for £1k, but at £650 they'll trounce anything at that price, and are an easier load for most amps than the rest of the range. There will be reviews around, and I do believe the WHF team have reviewed a K system before.

What kind of speakers are the comparible to in terms of performance and also, what should I be looking to pair them with?Nothing at the price. You'd have to look at higher price points to find equivalents, and even then there will still be benefits in favour of the M&K due to the fact that they exclusively use 'tripole' surrounds. If you compare M&K's to others, you'll find they dig out far more detail than other speakers which are designed more for music reproduction.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

So what should I be looking to pair them with. Will a package that was originally £1500 be underpowered by something like the Denon 1909. I could probably streth to the Yamaha 663 if needs be.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Lewis201: So what should I be looking to pair them with. Will a package that was originally £1500 be underpowered by something like the Denon 1909. I could probably streth to the Yamaha 663 if needs be. Not a problem. The K series were all 8 ohms, other than the K4 tripoles which were 4, but seeing as the rears aren't in use all the time like the fronts, this isn't an issue for half decent amps like a 606 or 1909. This is really the starting point for the K series, but M&K do like power, so the better the amp you can get, the better they will sound. All the other M&K's are 4 ohms and require amps from around the £1k mark.

The 663 isn't one I'm familiar with as this sin't a UK model. If you are thinking of buying this model, do take into account that you may br forfeiting your standard 2 year warranty. I'm assuming this sits between the 563 and 763, which given you can get a 763 for £350 now, does going for the 663 save you anything?

A

Anonymous

Where can i get the K1's for £650 (does this include the sub?) - also, will they be a good match for the Yamaha 3800?

A

Anonymous

Frank Harvey Hifi are doing the K system for £650.

A 3800 will drive K's easily, M and Xenon and 750 series no problem, and could drive the 150's, but I'd recommend at least a Z7 as a minimum for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts