Looking for my first DAC

Robbob

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Having connected my PCs sound card to my Technics amp, and been very disappointed, I am now considering going down the DAC route. I am looking for a desktop USB DAC, under £200 with RCA output and a headphone socket. Something that would give comparable sound to something like an Asus Xonar Essence sound card, if I were to upgrade that. (That is the other option I am considering)

I have discovered the Audioengine D1, which is the right sort of formfactor and the right sort of price. Am I going to see a noticeable improvement in the sound, compared to what I am getting from my Xonar DX sound card? Or the Denon DA300? Or Teac UDH01?

Thanks in advance.

Gray

Even if you take the 'save £250' with a pinch of salt, quite a few people (and not just Richer Sounds customers) reckon this is OK.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/dacs/korg/ds-dac-100m/korg-ds-dac-100m

I'd be surprised if you didn't notice a difference. I've only ever used a £99 24/96 DAC (that's no longer available) from PC to amp, which sounds good.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
+1
thumbs_up.gif

Robbob

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Audioengine D1 was my first choice, until I discovered the Denon. Although the Audioengine does get good reviews, it also has a few negative ones. The Denon seems to get better reviews, and seems like a good buy at £169.

TRENDING THREADS