DAC with high gain/ output voltage?

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I am having some issues (maybe) with a significant amount of my digital music collection (CD) where the recording volume is relatively lower. This "issue" started after I moved into a new house with a larger listening room. I don't have the same issue with my vinyl collection considering my phono stage has variable gain option.

For a lot of CDs, I have to turn the volume knob to 12 o'clock to one o clock to get the room "filled" with music. ( I like to listen to music a bit loud). My marantz CD player does a 2 volt output which I believe is a standard for a lot of CD players and DACs. Now my tube amp has somewhat of low output watt and is around 44 watts. Am I running the risk of clipping and damaging tweeters at one o clock volume? I don't hear any distortion though.

If there is a risk, should I consider a DAC like topping E70V with 2.5 output voltage option or even something like chord qutest with 3 volt output? I like the sound of Marantz and typically wouldn't want to mess it with until and unless I really have to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts