Looking for a wireless music streaming device

PeterLanky

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy a music streaming device/renderer to use in a spare room to feed into a tradtional amplifier using music files stored on my QNAP NAS/Twonky Media. I thought this would have been a simple task but it seems not. At present I use a tablet for the job, but am tiring of connecting it each time and not being able to use the tablet while listening to music. I don't want anything complex or part of a multi functional device. I don't have an ethernet connection in that room.

The devices I have considered so far are the Denon DN-200WS (£60) which I bought but need to return, because though it would do the job eventually, it was far too fickle and ended up being far more of a pain than using the tablet. I have also considered the Icy Box ICY IB-MP401Air (£36), but this does not support gapless playback.

The features I need are: Wireless, supports gapless playback, supports flac, controllable with BubbleUPNP on android. Reatailers are not much help as they want to sell me a mainstream product for around £200-300, but I don't need that as I do have a solution that works if a little inconvenient so I'm not prepared to spend much, but the two items I indicated are a guide price.

PeterLanky

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Check out the i east soundstream on amazon..it sounds like it'll do what you need for around 45quid.

It certainly does look the right sort of item. Do you know if it supports gapless, as I can't find any reference to this online? If you can't verify this I can always email IEast.

insider9

Yamaha WXC-50 can do what you want and more.

One thing I'd point out is if you need wireless make sure to buy a device that can have it's antenna upgraded like a Yamaha. Streaming large files with a patchy WiFi reception can be frustrating. Upgrading an antenna is cheap and easy.

Alternatively look at wired connection from your router using your home's electrical installation. Socket internet plugs or whatever they are called can be had for under £20 and provided a great alternative where quality signal is important.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts