Mini to drive wireless speakers??

Jai

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I just spent some time looking for a solution, but with no joy.

We have a new, large-ish kitchen, and I want to have a CD/DAB single unit.

BUT, I dont want/need a box with a speaker.
And not a box driving two wired speakers on the same wall/side.
I want to push to small speakers on the far/other side of the room, so wireless/bluetooth speakers, no problem. Probably a pair of JBL's, or similar.

But I can see/find a 'mini' to drive bluetooth speakers.
Mostly because the search terms are throwing up other items.
I have an older but very decent setup in the music room, so the solution I am looking for needs to be good, but not expensive.

Is there such a unit?
Or a line to b/t converter (a b/t transmitter) that will drive stereo?
Any ideas, articles, websites??

Thanks.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Wouldn't Bluetooth "Active speakers" having their own amp built in be a solution doing away with the need for a separate Bluetooth sender/receiver ?
There's many decent solutions but in answer to your question there is such devices as attached.

Attachments

• 1000003379.png
    1000003379.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 0

Witterings

I would have thought something like an Aventree Oasis Bluetooth transmitter could pair with a set of bluetooth speakers in which case you can use it with any mini unit you find that has an output or headphone socket.

Personally though I'd forgo the CD and just get speakers with built in streaming instead and either rip all my CD's / store on the network or use a streaming service for anything I'd play on a CD player and use internet radio which will be higher quality than DAB.

Jai

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.

But do I need a special provision to get stereo across 2 speakers (identical but independent) (its a large room)??

Witterings

Thanks for the feedback.

But do I need a special provision to get stereo across 2 speakers (identical but independent) (its a large room)??

That'll depend to a degree which speakers you go for but theoretically no, both speakers will need to be plugged into a powerpoint though but I'm guessing you'd probably realised that so they're not 100% wireless.

Again, if you can do without the CD player, I'd buy a small streamer and plug it into the "master" speaker which you could hide it behind it and would give better quality than bluetooth.

TRENDING THREADS