LCD projector upgrades

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For the last 4 years i haver been running a Panny PTAX 200, it has been a sterling performer (100") in 80% dark room

I am now condidering an upgrade,

First - Has LCD technology moved on much over the last 4 years thus will i notice a marked improvement

Second -Does anyone have any comparitive experience of any recent models at the £1500 or less price point

e.g PTAX4000 (REDUCED) or the new epson / Sanyo models - and how do they stack up against the panny

Note - I demoed DLP but suffered rainbow effects when i bought the panny, unless this has been cured in recent models i will stick with LCD

Cheers

Scott

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Projectors have moved on a long way and you will notice a big step up in performance over your existing model. We are still waiting to see the new Epson units but I am expecting good things. The TW4400 which is still current out performs the Panasonic 4000 . If you can wait a week or so the new TW6000 will be in stores and at less than your budget.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Panny PT-AX100 and have also been very pleased but now its time for an upgrade.

Have been waiting for a review of the Optoma HD33, but will probably go for the new Epson TW6000 as i too prefer LCD. Like the idea of speakers too, not really needed but it makes it portable and great for when i want to plug in multiplayer Mario Kart.Greater lens range too.

Hope we get some reviews soon

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replies,

I searched online and seen deals on the panny 4000 (1500 quid) and epson tw4400 (1995quid)

Is there 500 pound difference in the performance of these. Although i might keep my powder dry until the new epsons hit the streets, they may offer equivalent performance or better or even drive the prices lower on good 2d projectors.

Shame epson arent showing in manchester as im calling in there.

Cheers

Scott

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Yes there is the difference to justify the cost IMO. The 4000 is a superb unit but the price had to go down ( originally £2499 ) as the performance was overshadowed by the newcomers. The 4400 is an amazing projector for the money and if you are not interested in 3D that would be our pick at circa £2000.

If you are looking at that level and with no 3D there is a new Panasonic - the AH1000 - that should be in store shortly. It is nice and bright and if it is an evolution of the 4000 could be the top pick at the price point. I will try to dig out this thread when we get ours up and running.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts