Official Abrahamsen V2.0UP Amplifier review in HiFiWigwam

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
No Problem here Blacksabbath25 - no need to explain. Speaker problem not of your making. You had a good and fair demo of the Abrahamsen and you've made your choice. Good luck - enjoy a very good amp - I've liked your posts - lots of honesty in them - no bulls---t and this is extremely refreshing.

tonky

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Quick edit ROFL !!- Not up on the jargon - my bad!! - I'll keep the joke in though if that's ok.

. Blacksabbath's posts are refreshing - interesting too and good for the site.

Doctor joke - "Doctor doctor! - I keep thinking my wife is dead"

"What makes you think that"?

" Well the sex is the same - but the washing is piling up!"

tonky

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
b730170e62c18122f22ce93b781100f4.jpg

mocenigo

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure I follow you, but I am not a native speaker of the idiom of albion, so some subtleties may have excaped me. Oh, blimey!

Blacksabbath25 said:
mocenigo said:
I am not sure this can be done. The pre out is a Tape output and IIRC it is not attenuated, but on order you can have it attenuated as well. So in theory you could use it do drive a power amp but it may have a different output level than the internal "output" of the preamp stage to the power amp gain stage. The reason is that the design is fully balanced, and the unbalanced outputs have usually half of the output voltage ot the balanced ones.

philpot1001 said:
just out of interest, can the Ab-integrated amp be bi amped with the power unit, or is the power unit only intended for use with the pre-amp?

I can see an RCA output on the integrated but its not clear if thats just a standard RCA or if its possible to use it to connect to the power amp.
perhaps as you started up an old post which Colin did a long time ago you could do a review on abrahamsen as people on here like to pick the bones of a perfectly good product because it deserves some good positive honest reviews

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts