KEF R Series speakers - sneak preview!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
My, but the new KEF R Series speakers look very smart indeed. Not officially launching in the UK until next month, but the US press are covering the story here at CEDIA Expo, and I didn't want you all to miss out on the fun :)

Some overview info - and pictures - in our news story here....

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OH heck I just got q500s

What sort of price would the r500s actually be thought because if they are over £1000 I'll know I couldn't have them anyway and I'll feel good again :)

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
bemaniac said:
OH heck I just got q500s

What sort of price would the r500s actually be thought because if they are over £1000 I'll know I couldn't have them anyway and I'll feel good again :)

They sell for 2,600 USD, so that should be well over £1,000 and you can rest easy...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
From what ive been told, the R series is going to be similarly priced to the XQ series. The XQ10 was 800, the XQ20 was 1000, the XQ30 was 1500, and the XQ40 was 2500. That would make the R900 about 2500, and the R100 about 800. The middle two I think will be slightly more though - maybe 1200 for the R300 and 1800 for the R700. This is just my guess though, not fact.

There is an official dealer launch on the 11th October, so full details will be revealed then, unless KEF decide to reveal more in the meantime.

A

Anonymous

Well, that would explain why you could get the old XQ series speakers for such low prices. Was quite happy to get my hands on a new pair of XQ20 :)

The new ones looks pretty decent though.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I hope this new batch of KEFs is a new direction for KEF. KEF really lost there way in the last decade IMO. Yes the reference line is still exceptional, but the prices put them out of reach of 99% of the public. And their lower lines have just not been well received at all. Would love to see KEF returned to glory days status, but I think they need a mid priced speaker that is a giant killer. A taste of the reference line at everyman prices. I hope the R series is it...

A

Anonymous

Wavod said:
Hi Clare,

Be sure to let us know of any reviews/tests on the KEF R series released in WHF !! :dance:

Seems to be a shortage or r100's. no reviews /tests ? :)

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
From what ive been told, the R series is going to be similarly priced to the XQ series. The XQ10 was 800, the XQ20 was 1000, the XQ30 was 1500, and the XQ40 was 2500. That would make the R900 about 2500, and the R100 about 800. The middle two I think will be slightly more though - maybe 1200 for the R300 and 1800 for the R700. This is just my guess though, not fact. There is an official dealer launch on the 11th October, so full details will be revealed then, unless KEF decide to reveal more in the meantime.

Is there any news on stock levels David ?

Sliced Bread

I'm suprised Kefs promotional pictures of these speakers are all in black. They look quite boring in black, but are very smart indeed in the realwood finishes.

These are the first speakers from Kef in quite a while that I've liked the look of.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:
I'm suprised Kefs promotional pictures of these speakers are all in black. They look quite boring in black, but are very smart indeed in the realwood finishes.

These are the first speakers from Kef in quite a while that I've liked the look of.

Wait until you have heard them. They are sensational. Had my R300's for a month now running off my Cyrus Dac XP and X Power and loving them.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:

Wait until you have heard them. They are sensational. Had my R300's for a month now running off my Cyrus Dac XP and X Power and loving them.

A

Anonymous

Don't dismiss the gloss black with out Seeing them, the R100 look stunning and sound stunning. If these are on your short list you really need to go and have a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts