Leema vs. Cyrus with KEF R- Series Speakers

inbox4

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone compared both Cyrus & Leema amps with KEF R-Series speakers?

I have been enjoying an amazing Leema Elements system with the even more amazing KEF R500 speakers.

I recently sold my Leema Elements CD player and replaced it with a Cyrus CDT. I have always had Cyrus CD players and I’m really enjoying having one back. Whether its familiarity or superiority, I’m not sure but I do know I’m enjoying it more than the Leema player.

The rest of my system sounds fantastic. I really rate the Leema Elements AMP and DAC. However, I can’t help but wonder whether changing the Leema AMP and DAC to Cyrus would give me the same level of upgrade I experienced with the CD player.

Has anyone got any experience of Leema AMP/DAC vs. Cyrus 8 DAC or 8 QX DAC amps with KEF R-Series speakers? Which is the best match for the KEFs? How do the Cyrus/ Leema brands sound with the amazing R-series?

I love my existing system but given how impressed I am with the Cyrus CDT, I’m wondering if I’m missing something by not having an integrated Cyrus amp/ Dac driving my R500s.

Please advise...

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Kef R series speakers are laid-back and warm sounding, so I suggest you pair them up with Cyrus electronics. Leema can sound too "polite" with Kef R series speakers.

inbox4 said:
Has anyone compared both Cyrus & Leema amps with KEF R-Series speakers?

I have been enjoying an amazing Leema Elements system with the even more amazing KEF R500 speakers.

I recently sold my Leema Elements CD player and replaced it with a Cyrus CDT. I have always had Cyrus CD players and I’m really enjoying having one back. Whether its familiarity or superiority, I’m not sure but I do know I’m enjoying it more than the Leema player.

The rest of my system sounds fantastic. I really rate the Leema Elements AMP and DAC. However, I can’t help but wonder whether changing the Leema AMP and DAC to Cyrus would give me the same level of upgrade I experienced with the CD player.

Has anyone got any experience of Leema AMP/DAC vs. Cyrus 8 DAC or 8 QX DAC amps with KEF R-Series speakers? Which is the best match for the KEFs? How do the Cyrus/ Leema brands sound with the amazing R-series?

I love my existing system but given how impressed I am with the Cyrus CDT, I’m wondering if I’m missing something by not having an integrated Cyrus amp/ Dac driving my R500s.

Please advise...

If you're very happy with your current set-up stick with it. Can't directly advise you on the Elements as I've never heard one, but if it's anything like my Pulse it'll take a darn good amp to de-throne it IMO. Heard the Cyrus 8XP but NOT alongside the Leema so can't say which one is better.

if curiosity is overwhelming then take your kit in and compare it and decide from there.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Having heard the Leema CD player I can see why you prefer the Cyrus. For me the Cyrus would be the better sounding option too.

When it comes to amplifiers I think the choice is less clear cut. The Leema Elements amp is a good one, and if you're happy with the sound I don't think it's worth swapping. The move to a Cyrus amp is likely to be a little different rather than clearly better.

inbox4

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Ketan Bharadia said:
Having heard the Leema CD player I can see why you prefer the Cyrus. For me the Cyrus would be the better sounding option too.

When it comes to amplifiers I think the choice is less clear cut. The Leema Elements amp is a good one, and if you're happy with the sound I don't think it's worth swapping. The move to a Cyrus amp is likely to be a little different rather than clearly better.

Thanks for your çomments Ketan.

How would you describe the differences in sound between the Cyrus and Leema amps?

inbox4 said:
Ketan Bharadia said:

How would you describe the differences in sound between the Cyrus and Leema amps?

The only way to know for sure is to audition the two head-to-head. As I mentioned earlier if you're happy with the set-up then leave it alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Perhaps you're trying to search for something that doesn't exist.

TRENDING THREADS