John Lewis - Price Match

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just requested a price match from John Lewis against Sound and Vision's price for a Panasonic TH-42PX80B. (£681.00)

Just wondering whether it's the morm for them to ask for my address to log the price match request?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Yes, because they send you the confirmation letter via snail mail. You should contact via the website and they should get back to you on your e-mail address.... I think i was waiting 3 hours as opposed to the 3-5 days.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks.

I did enquire via email on their website, so hopefully I will get a response much quicker!

A

Anonymous

I hassled them till they gave me the reference number... send another e-mail and ask them if they can e-mail you the number. I was dealing with JL Bluewater.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Silentknight"]
Ok thanks.

I did enquire via email on their website, so hopefully I will get a response much quicker!
[/quote]

It varies, did mine by email as well, the pm I accepted was answered on the same day but having said that, there were others that took several days, some by email and some by snail mail.

A

Anonymous

Are sound and visions instore prices the same as online/over the phone? I have been given a price match today which is different to what I quoted them by £20 in their favour!

A

Anonymous

I tried to price match the same set from sound and vision in bolton with JL in sheffield. I was told 3-5 days for the letter but to be fair it came through the next day.

The main problem is that the figure from JL is not the same as S&V as JL is charging a £65 delivery charge where S&V dont, making S&V cheaper.

I am now waiting until 01/05 to order from S&V in order to benefit from the 5 year warranty offered by Panasonic which I think I can have as S&V have an actual store which I believe is part of the conditions on the warranty offer

Anyone else finding the same problem with JL?

A

Anonymous

Free delivery is supposed to be included, I was quoted £1045.90 from s&v free delivery but jl said they price matched at £1065.00 free deliv.
Where did this £20 come from? I rang jw up to ask, they said they go into the stores and find what the shop floor price is??????. I then rang up s&v and they told me it was £1035.00 with free deliv, Whats going on?????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts