January issue fault

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, i've always trusted what hifi and it's always been my first choice for reviews, but after reading january's LCD group test i was suprised that you have seemed to uder price the KDL-46X3500 by £400 which changes the group test winner to the Philips 47PFL9632D...?

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

Can you please help with this one.I have a sony crt tv which has and does give sterling service.After months (years even) of ribbing of how old fashioned it is by the family I have narrowed down my choice of tv to 2 - Toshiba 40XF355DB or the panasonic 37px70 plasma.I do not connect anything (surround etc) to my tv and will go from sky plus to sky hd.Watch a lot of football, golf, childrens films etc.Can you please tell me in your opinion which is the best everyday TV?I do not want to spend the money to have a worse picture than my old Sony.

Your assistance and expertise would be greatly appreciated

A

Anonymous

Sorry Clare forgot to add

Do panasonic have plans to replace the 37px70 in the near future and I can get the Tosh for £999 from John lewis with 5 yr guarantee.Panny for £629 from dixons with 1 yr guarantee.

Your decision will be final for obvious reasons!

Thanks

Steve

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you're going to use the TV's own speakers for now (I remain hopeful you'll eventually see the light re decent cinema sound!), the Toshiba would be the best of those two options - despite its diminuitive dimensions, it's got some of the best flatscreen speakers around. Don't be disappointed if they don't offer the heft of your subwoofer-packing Sony CRT, though - there was a lot more space for speakers in those big-'ole sets...

The Panasonic would have the edge over the Toshiba for black depth and possibly a slight advantage on motion-handling, but otherwise the Tosh is visually an excellent, Full HD set - it'll thrive when you upgrade to Sky HD.

Just make sure you shop around - we knocked a star off the Toshiba's rating for being overpriced: make sure you pay far less than the original £1700 list price.

EDIT - Sorry, just saw your second post above. Go for the Tosh!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Claire,I will indeed buy the Tosh

Keep up the good work,magazine is great

Kind Reagrds and Thanks

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts