zameerisgreat

May 10, 2008
Visit site
Is there a group test of maybe 46" or 55" tv's in the may issue? After reading online reviews of some of these on this website, i assume a group test will follow, hopefully.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Specifically, the May TV test contains: Philips 46PFL9706, Samsung UE46ES8000 and Toshiba 46YL863, prices from £1200 to £2300. And we've just posted a full review of the LG 47LM670T at £1350.

A

Anonymous

Just read the review of the Samsung 46es8000 5 Star review??? seriously , I work in an electrical retailer and I got this set in , along with the 7000 series , the voice recog is sketchy at best , 3 functions to turn it off? , rather than 1 button press , GIMMICK , most importantly the picture , IMHO not great , good for an LED but still lots of movement , overall just has a washed out feel to it , before you say, I have set it up and tried everything to improve it , 3D is very good , apart from a bit of crosstalk, It will appeal to people who say " ooooh look how thing it is ". In my shop it sits next to a Panasonic TXP50GT50 whichhas a bigger , better picture , a 5 year Gtee and is £500 cheaper Nuff Said , In my opinion.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Joenufc - as you work in the industry, can you please acknowledge this in your signature, as per House Rules of this Forum?

Doesn't necessarily have to be specific, just that you work in electrical retail.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Clare my bad , as for the TV I am still surprised that people go nuts for these Samsungs I feel that they try to cram as many gadgets and gimmicks in rather than concentrating on picture quality , IMHO Panasonic make better TVs , maybe not as stylish nut I would take function over form in this case , I always tell customers there is no right or wrong and that they should make their own mind up based on what THEY like not what I like or what a reviewer likes.

I always try to remain unbiassed when selling and work out what the customer needs and wants not what I want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts