I've booked a demo.....

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
By more flexible you mean can be placed closer to a wall, right? But not necessarily smaller if you're testing the Rubicons which must be nearly the same size as your PMCs. If that is the case, you owe it to yourself to hear the Comete Anniversary 40. These are front ported so shouldn't need acres of space.
The Rubicons are much smaller in terms of width and height. They are fairly deep but not deep as the PMCs.

From what I heard the Rubicons are closer to the soundscape of the TBs. The Neats were great in some areas but not the ideal all-rounder

robdmarsh

:LOL: right! Interesting the reaction to this latest spring statement. It looks like Sunak is getting flak for his poorly disguised sleight of hand in giving with one hand and taking away with the other. I don't know why he bothers. Why don't the govt come clean and tell us that we can all expect to be poorer if we're going to beat the mad f****** despot Putin and his cronies in Russia!

:LOL: right! Interesting the reaction to this latest spring statement. It looks like Sunak is getting flak for his poorly disguised sleight of hand in giving with one hand and taking away with the other. I don't know why he bothers. Why don't the govt come clean and tell us that we can all expect to be poorer if we're going to beat the mad f****** despot Putin and his cronies in Russia!
Could you please remove this post and place it in the right thread.

Thanks, PP.

robdmarsh

Ok, fair enough. I see over at AV Forums it's got the stage where it's become a forum for discussing whatever is the current hot topic in social/politcal/world affairs with the added bonus of being able to talk about all things AV.
I still think, however, that just because here on this forum people stick to the original remit of the forum which is in its name, that it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of that remit to make reference to what's going in the world.

Ok, fair enough. I see over at AV Forums it's got the stage where it's become a forum for discussing whatever is the current hot topic in social/politcal/world affairs with the added bonus of being able to talk about all things AV.
I still think, however, that just because here on this forum people stick to the original remit of the forum which is in its name, that it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of that remit to make reference to what's going in the world.
To be honest, I don't care what your subject matter is. But is talking about Putin relevant to "I've booked a demo" thread?

You're gonna need something rather special to top those PMC's you currently have PP (y)
Never a truer word said. The more I listen to other brands these TBs are proving tough cookies to significantly better. This is good and bad.

One other brand I must try before deciding is ATC.

Totally out of the running is the MA Golds. They just failed to hit the mark. The other is Iota Alpha. However much fun they are, they are flawed, mainly due to their diminutive size.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Do you think that you are going to need a significant jump in price category to realise any noticeable improvement on the PMC? I know you are taking time to demo other speakers, but in my own experience of upgrading, it’s taken me 200+ hours of running in, in my own room, and a tripling of budget to get a significant improvement. But, it’s been worth it 👍
Do you think you would benefit from spending more time with the speakers on demo in your own room?

Reactions: WayneKerr
Do you think that you are going to need a significant jump in price category to realise any noticeable improvement on the PMC? I know you are taking time to demo other speakers, but in my own experience of upgrading, it’s taken me 200+ hours of running in, in my own room, and a tripling of budget to get a significant improvement. But, it’s been worth it 👍
Do you think you would benefit from spending more time with the speakers on demo in your own room?
Of course. Shop demos are fine but some brands hit you between the eyes immediately while others take a lot longer to fully appreciate. Obviously I have to factor in each shop's acoustics are different. But I can only judge a speaker on what I've heard, based on those limitations.

Yes, those TB2s perform way beyond their price tag. But it's about a compromise. Smaller cabinets means smaller scale in presentation. It's whatever we can live with. I keep coming back to those Neat SX2. They won't blow your sonic socks off on a short listen, but could easily grow on you.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi PP, have you ever tried or thought about introducing a small to mid size subwoofer into your system, I've recently added the rel t-zero mkii and it honestly has taken my listening to a new level. It's not just a bass thing, it's everything...whether you keep your tb2 or get a smaller standmount, a wee quality sub is worth investigating.

Reactions: AndyCC72
Hi PP, have you ever tried or thought about introducing a small to mid size subwoofer into your system, I've recently added the rel t-zero mkii and it honestly has taken my listening to a new level. It's not just a bass thing, it's everything...whether you keep your tb2 or get a smaller standmount, a wee quality sub is worth investigating.
Over the last day or so I have. I'm a huge fan of my TBs smaller sibling, DB1i. Heard them many times but on their own never quite had the bass depth. Add a sub to them that will be a different prospect.

robdmarsh

it’s taken me 200+ hours of running in, in my own room, and a tripling of budget to get a significant improvement
It's a weird thing the running in business. In no way do I want to turn this thread into one about this but when I got my speakers they immediately sounded very good. The dealer said they were a pretty quick return and he thought they had hardly been played. The sound has "improved" as I've been playing them but I think that's because I just love them more and more. My amplifier on the other hand sounded very different after about 48 hours of use to what it did out of the box.

Of course. Shop demos are fine but some brands hit you between the eyes immediately while others take a lot longer to fully appreciate. Obviously I have to factor in each shop's acoustics are different.
The Amphions are like that PP. They won’t do well in a quick AB with the likes of the more mainstream brands that voice to impress, but settle into them and they come to you, and you realise what they are doing that others don’t, and what they’re not doing.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts