I've booked a demo.....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
PP - try and also get a listen to some Amphion Argon 1 standmounts from somewhere if you can. Similar cash to the MA's and by heck, they are some seriously good speakers for the money...

I've commented here and elsewhere just how impressed I was when I heard them at the UK Audio show. In combo with the Hegel they were paired with, in a far from perfect room, they were spectacular - sounding far more expensive than they actually were.
Found a local dealer for Argon 1s. He's on holiday until next Monday. He will phone me and drop a pair over sometime next week..

Okay back in one piece.

First up were the Neat Iota Alphas. They are soooooo tiny. @nopiano was right, they are great fun. I was chuckling all through the 30 mins or so I listened to them. However, overall they didn't have the sonic ability of the PMCs. Not really surprising given their diminutive size. I would suggest they would be great for a bedroom. Plenty of smiles though.

Next up was the Neat SX2. They had more sonic presence about them and just more of a complete all-rounder. Both Neats HFs were little more restrained than the PMCs in the top end. They didn't do enough to better the overall presentation. I liked them a lot rather than loved them.

Our desire for a more flexible speaker is hindered by the competence of the TB2s. Not by much, but IMO not really worth the £1700, although Neat are hiking the price in April to well over 2k.

I suppose what I'm saying is there isn't a bad speaker. So far, though, those Dali Rubicon 2 had the biggest impact on me.

Oops, almost forgot.

Attachments

• 20220324_125620.jpg
    20220324_125620.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220324_124434.jpg
    20220324_124434.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts