Isolatton Products - what exists?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Lol cheeseboy i have actially done the opposite contacted 2 forum members on avf with no reply so far

avf has nothing to do with whf...

ellisdj said:
I will offer the same to you but i have made it clear i am not having someone pull my system about just like i wouldnt do that to yours.

that's fair enough, but it does seem odd you want to prove stuff until somebody says prove it.

ellisdj said:
Its all about how it sounds - i have said i would send you 2 files but there is no way of monitoring the honesty of your response

I keep telling you, you don't need to send me the files. I've told you to use the audio diff software and try for yourself. It would take about 5 minutes and then you can post the results back here. Obviously there is no way of monitoring the honesty of your response either, but to be honest, it's not about proving it to me, it's about having a look yourself. You're constantly touting about how you like to play and tweak with all the stuff, well I've just given you the way you can test yourself to see if that expensive sata cable of yours is acutally making a real world difference. Are you too scared to try?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You can pm on avf their whf forum members BB and Lindsayt

I would do your test but that wouldnt change my mind - because of what i have heard - were not talking a tiny 1% difference that requires golden ears. Proper tangible if thats the right word.differences

Are you on avf i will pm.you.the same

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would also like to point out i have not been singing the praises of my.sata cable in this thread - i was questioned on / scrutinised for having it in my sig.

But as thats been the case i have been honest with my thoughts. I would say what it did to the sound but it would be pointless why saying come hear.

There is nowhere to hear a audio pc like this except in peoples homes or maybe in computer audio design demo at shows - think he uses a laptop though

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I would do your test but that wouldnt change my mind - because of what i have heard - were not talking a tiny 1% difference that requires golden ears. Proper tangible if thats the right word.differences

sorry but it's got to the point where I can say you're full of crap.

Seriously dude, take a step back from the foo and smell the coffee and just look at what you've said. I tell you how to test to see if the sata cable is making any difference, very easily and you don't want to do it and even if it came back saying that if there was no difference you wouldn't change your mind?? :rofl: :help:

This is the kind of behaviour I would expect from somebody in a cult... :O

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
He is just doing his job, creating google chatter, spreading reasonable doubt, recommending, promo and sending people to the slaughterhouse... kahmm I mean JPlay forum and those other stuff he mentions and links.

There was another one as backup with long paragraphs, but it could be the same guy with two accounts. Usually shills do this in groups of at least two.

Just ask his cousin. :)

(of course I could be completely wrong)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Lol you 2 crack me up - of course thats what i am doing :) thats hilarious

Cheeseboy offer is open mate meet up local for a coffee then if your not an axe murderer or i am not you can come listen

A day out for you and a chance to.see and hear another system, i love hearing other systems shows what you got right and what you got wrong

I will come listen to yours first if you want??

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Lol you 2 crack me up...

I don't sell drugs. I just cook.

photo.jpg

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Cheeseboy offer is open mate meet up local for a coffee then if your not an axe murderer or i am not you can come listen

This thread is certainly capable of turning a harmless person into an axe murderer

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would like to hear your system HiFi Krazy - thats got full potential to be showing mine a clean pair of heels

No axe murderer here :)

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I'm certainly on the same page with you regarding the importance of paying attention to every little detail which I've found when aggregated together is capable of turning a ho-hum system into a truely impressive one.

Room treatment, speaker placement, and yes even cables and footers under non-vibrating components such as power distribution block and preamp have all added improvements that are certainly not subtle if one is willing to let their ears do the listening.

Quite often I think I'm satisfied with my system but when I introduce something, I wonder how I've ever lived with the previous sound because there's no way I could go back to it. The snake oil brigade will claim that it's expectation bias, but I return more of the products that I try than buy.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
I'm certainly on the same page with you regarding the importance of paying attention to every little detail which I've found when aggregated together is capable of turning a ho-hum system into a truely impressive one.

Room treatment, speaker placement, and yes even cables and footers under non-vibrating components such as power distribution block and preamp have all added improvements that are certainly not subtle if one is willing to let their ears do the listening.

Quite often I think I'm satisfied with my system but when I introduce something, I wonder how I've ever lived with the previous sound because there's no way I could go back to it. The snake oil brigade will claim that it's expectation bias, but I return more of the products that I try than buy.

Now we are on the Exact Same Page - be warned make too many claims such as this and face the barrage I have since yesterday for making wild claims such as change the metal links out in the back of speakers for actual speaker wire same as yours.... you have probably read it.

I stones me sometime - other things I have found to make a difference I appreciate are a bit more way out there but that to me is fundamental basics - clearly not to others

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I always found that being stoned improved the sound of my hifi a lot - not quite night and day but a noticeable amount - and yet nothing had been changed apart from my perception. I've heard that a glass of wine or two can have a similar effect as can simply being in a relaxed frame of mind. The thing about this is that we don't just 'hear' things - the sound is processed by the brain first before we have the sensory sensation of 'hearing' thus something can 'sound' very different despite there having been no physical changes.

I know this has all been said before and you two guys will almost certainly poo- poo the notion but you cannot trust your ears any more than you can trust your eyes. It's what's going on inside your head that really matters.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Yes it's unfortunate that the majority of those hanging out here fall into that category. Guess they've scared away many of those that are just looking to share their experiences or seek advice. Yup, I have always replaced the metal links with proper jumpers, but given the rabid pack that roams here, I decided not to share my experiences on the subject.

I've also spent as much money on room treatment than I have on my preamp and power amp combined, but I've also refrained from sharing about it since the products are "controversial" ie. not the usual absorption and diffusion products. These products have done wonders in my extremely acoustically challenged room, but what's the point of sharing when it'll just get met with the usual "nonsense, clueless, pseudosience, snake oil, placebo effect" remarks.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
of course you can trust your ears and eyes, what a mad statement to make!

a good system will engage you with its reproduction of the disc... music hits your senses - sound. The closer the system can get to the original recording the more engaged you'll be with that sound. Cabling, isolation, room treatments etc can always help to alter the overall delivery of that sound, especially room treatment. I thought everyone knew that?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Guess they've scared away many of those that are just looking to share their experiences or seek advice.

when we get to a point whereby I can prove to you that there are no differences - definitively, not subjectively - and the reply is that it *will not* change one's mind regardless of the proof, that's where scary and crazy kicks in.

Not you btw, but referring to Ellisdj's comments on the other page and yet you seem to be backing up this method of thought... :wall:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
How many more times - we keep going in circles - either we meet up and you come here or you dont - drop it if your not coming

But if you are great - I look forward to it - no anomosity - I am a friendly bloke who will happily make you lunch show you everything and let you make your own mind up

If we were both axe murderers who would report back what happened on the day???.....

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
How many more times - we keep going in circles - either we meet up and you come here or you dont - drop it if your not coming

As I said before I don't live in the country. You're the one making the claims that x,y and z make a difference and I've given you a very easy 5 minute way to test it, yet you point blanky refuse and also pre-emptively said that even if it did prove you were wrong it wouldn't change your mind. Why should I drop it? You are the one making the outragous claims which you refuse to back up, prove or even believe and yet you can't even get your head around that seemingly. So, if you've going to come on here and "advise" people, you can be damned sure that other people will advise against your advice given the crap you're spewing. We've given you the way you can prove us all wrong without anybody having to come to your house, yet you persistantly refuse which is leading me to believe you're either trolling, having a laugh, or really are in your own little world.

If you want us to drop it, run the audio diff test and post the results. Stop asking people round like some oddball and put your money where your mouth is, or take your own advice and drop it yourself.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
ellisdj said:

As I said before I don't live in the country. You're the one making the claims that x,y and z make a difference and I've given you a very easy 5 minute way to test it, yet you point blanky refuse and also pre-emptively said that even if it did prove you were wrong it wouldn't change your mind. Why should I drop it? You are the one making the outragous claims which you refuse to back up, prove or even believe and yet you can't even get your head around that seemingly. So, if you've going to come on here and "advise" people, you can be damned sure that other people will advise against your advice given the crap you're spewing. We've given you the way you can prove us all wrong without anybody having to come to your house, yet you persistantly refuse which is leading me to believe you're either trolling, having a laugh, or really are in your own little world.

If you want us to drop it, run the audio diff test and post the results. Stop asking people round like some oddball and put your money where your mouth is, or take your own advice and drop it yourself.

+1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts