Isolatton Products - what exists?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Literaly the first sentance on that site: The CAD Cable is now available! It can be purchased from all of our dealers and if the cable is not available in your area directly from CAD: Purchase CAD Cable.

All marketing brochures are given free to the potential customers, piad for from the pockets of existing ones.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Why is advertising your own product for sale on your own website a crime???

What do you expect for him to give you his DAC for free as well. Its just ridiculous the comments on this thread now from people

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
He is not selling you anything - you can have his guide for free

Better still you can download scripts he has written that do it all for you - Again All FOR FREE !!!!!

Fair play he could easily sell what he has done and it would be worth the money- but he doesnt.

He lets you have it for free to get the best sound from your computer operation system Win 8.0 or 8.1 FOR FREE

Shows you didnt even look - its frustrating when people post without even consideration of what they are commenting about....

I did look actually. He's selling a DAC, there's also a tab saying where to buy.

Just as all your other links to cable sellers and their websites that are full of pseudo science that is actually just bull. You absolutely cannot take their claims for their own products and use it as some kind of evidence to back up your own highly subjective views.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Literaly the first sentance on that site: The CAD Cable is now available! It can be purchased from all of our dealers and if the cable is not available in your area directly from CAD: Purchase CAD Cable.

All marketing brochures are given free to the potential customers, piad for from the pockets of existing ones.

It does say that you right - right before all the accolades and invitaiton to hear the products at the Munich high end show. The second link is where the free stuff is

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Why is advertising your own product for sale on your own website a crime???

What do you expect for him to give you his DAC for free as well. Its just ridiculous the comments on this thread now from people

Nothing wrong with them selling their product by manipulating and fabricating facts. Shame on you for consuming it as objective knowledge and continue spreading it to unasuming begginners in this hobby.
no_thank_you_cutie_emote___plz_by_mirz123-d5wpawz.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I have heard Kef Reference off Chord Electronics at Bristol - sounded garbage bad room - my home sound destroys that

That would be my idea of Audio Hell.

BTW. I admire your fortitude. :grin:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cno i.know that system would sound great - more than great

Just not in that demo room on.that day -

I.am.surprised they had it on.tbh all cramed into a little corner doing it no favours at all.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
He is not selling you anything - you can have his guide for free

Better still you can download scripts he has written that do it all for you - Again All FOR FREE !!!!!

Fair play he could easily sell what he has done and it would be worth the money- but he doesnt.

He lets you have it for free to get the best sound from your computer operation system Win 8.0 or 8.1 FOR FREE

Shows you didnt even look - its frustrating when people post without even consideration of what they are commenting about....

Will it sound as good as my Vista / Behringer UCA202 setup via 20 foot cheap phono leads on Spotify or Radio Paradise?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
A thread on Jplay - I dont need to. I like it, I think its great - I would never had got into pc audio had I never heard it.

I wouldnt dream of not using it now either - not saying other soltions are not good - I think JPlay is great. Thats all that matters to me.

I am not alone in thinking it either - its getting bigger all the time. I dont think its a scam hence why 99 eruos gets you a lfietime of upgrades - doesnt sound like a scam to me. 99 euros per upgrade sounds more like other companies.

I have suugested others try it for free and put the effort into setting it up - because there is a bit of learning the correct settings needed - especially with Ultrastream which is the game changer for me with JPlay - if it doesnt work for them they have lost nothing

My opinion will never be changed on it by what some else thinks as I have heard it myself and made my own mind up

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
A thread on Jplay - I dont need to. I like it, I think its great - I would never had got into pc audio had I never heard it.

I wouldnt dream of not using it now either - not saying other soltions are not good - I think JPlay is great. Thats all that matters to me.

I am not alone in thinking it either - its getting bigger all the time. I dont think its a scam hence why 99 eruos gets you a lfietime of upgrades - doesnt sound like a scam to me. 99 euros per upgrade sounds more like other companies.

I have suugested others try it for free and put the effort into setting it up - because there is a bit of learning the correct settings needed - especially with Ultrastream which is the game changer for me with JPlay - if it doesnt work for them they have lost nothing

My opinion will never be changed on it by what some else thinks as I have heard it myself and made my own mind up

I see from the JPLAY site, that one of the features is to play music from memory, not from disk, halting disk access during playback. If this is the case, what benefit is the 'JCAT Sata' cable that you have in your signature?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Go on the jplay forum and read the thread on it.

I think halting disc access is a certain playback mode, jplay mini or hibernate mode, i might be wrong.

I dont use it like that - i use it through jriver and then use j remote on the ipad to control my library

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Jplay is a Hoax

JRiver recommends that you uninstall Jplay. It adds a layer of sound processing that can degrade sound quality, performance, and stability.

You will achieve the best sound quality with JRiver alone.

The author of the foobar player agrees.

For his computeraudiophile.com blog, Mitchco tested JRiver Media Center and Jplay. Both produce measurably identical bitperfect output.

Archimago also found no benefit.

For a more detailed discussion, please visit the HydrogenAudio Forum.

To protect its customers, JRiver will remove forum posts that discuss Jplay. JRiver will not provide support for Media Center if Jplay is used.

http://www.jriver.com/jplay.html

foobar2000 troubleshooter

The following components found on your system are known to be problematic and should be either uninstalled or updated to their latest versions:

foo_jplay.dll : JPLAY

Reason: "Audiophile" scam

http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/components/482398a390566e59

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Yep all jplay users know that - but there was talk that jriver was trying to implement what jplay does into the new mc19

Only rumour mill.

None of that makes a difference to me - i own both and i use jplay.

Before i knew anything about pc audio my cousin used jriver - sounded rough tbh.

He then got jplay on demo knowing nothing with no.bias and we listened - it was a noticeable improvement not setup at all well, that proved it to me there and then and nothing has changed

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
andyjm said:
I see from the JPLAY site, that one of the features is to play music from memory, not from disk, halting disk access during playback. If this is the case, what benefit is the 'JCAT Sata' cable that you have in your signature?

It's ok, I've already asked and there was no reply....

Ellis also said he would put his money where his mouth was in that he belives that sata cables make a difference, so I asked him to copy a file to an external hard drive, then use audio diff and let us know the outcome of the copied file and the none copied file - after all, if sata cables made the difference then this would prove it as his belief is that sata cables make a difference at every point in the chain.

The reply was "come to my house and listen"....

So in short, you're not going to get anywhere with this as he won't put his money where his mouth is and when somebody offered to go to his house to do some listening/testing the backpeddling started pretty fast with the whole I don't want a stranger in my house.... :?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Lol cheeseboy i have actially done the opposite contacted 2 forum members on avf with no reply so far

I will offer the same to you but i have made it clear i am not having someone pull my system about just like i wouldnt do that to yours.

Its all about how it sounds - i have said i would send you 2 files but there is no way of monitoring the honesty of your response

X

TRENDING THREADS