is there a site to find out the vinyl

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If you bought an lp say for £40 but most go for £75 ect is there a web site you can punch the label and number to see if it is real or are there any other tips.

There is a 2 sellers on ebay i have looked at records 1- being the (tallest man in uk 10) with 100% feedback but thats only for buying 3 products and a seller called (shady records) with no feedback. both have silly prices. but ebay are said to give full refunds if unhappy so i might buy one lp and check it out.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Smuggs means bootlegged.

The only advice I can give is to type in the name of the artist and bootleg into google. It may lead you to some sites that have all the genuine releases and the fakes listed. A forum user (soz, can't remember who. But, I love you, whoever you are!) put me onto a site for 'Tool' Bootlegs when I had doubts about a record I'd bought. Turned out to be fake.

A

Anonymous

Hi Bretty, its the same problem with repro 45s. Its very very difficult to tell the difference between one and a genuine copy.

I am sure that some dealers are selling these as originals.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cheers guys i have ordered it the lp and when comes i will give it the once over and check the label, weight of vinyl,spindle hole is it in the middle ect, the sleeve for mistakes and the then play it and if sounds good then im happy, i guess if its a good bootleg then they will have all areas covered and it will look like a re-issue and very good so it will be near impossible to question.

i think cause im worried im going to stick to amazon and record fairs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts