Is it possible to split an HDMI signal - into the video and the sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment I have my Xbox connected to my HP W227h 22" lcd monitor. I would like to have it connected via HDMI (the monitor has an HDMI input), but I have to use VGA instead because there is no audio out on the monitor (if I used HDMI it would mean that I would have to use the monitor speakers which are absolutely terrible). With VGA, because the video and audio signals are seperate I can have the sound going into my Logitech Z4's. However, because the Xbox 360 fan is so loud, it ruins watching DVD's. So I am thinking of gettting a DVD player (Under £100, but with HDMI and HD upscaling). The problem is, I want to be able to use the DVD player with my monitor, but run the sound into my Cambridge Audio 640A amplifier (and then obviously into my hifi speakers). But HDMI sents both sound and picture to the monitor which is not what i want. So....therefore, is there a way to split the hdmi signal - so I can still get really good DVD picture with upscaling, but run the sound into my 640A. Sorry its been so long!!!!!!!

Any help and advice would be thouroughly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messiah

You can just connect the DVD player the the Amp with standard Analogue Interconnects (RCA) and ensure the volume on your TV is set to 0.

(You may need to alter the sound settings on the DVD player to do this but this is quite straightforward)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts