Intermittent buzzing from tweeter

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all. I've just purchased some B&W 686's (from superfi) and used them for about 10 hours now and loving them. However i've just been listening to some classical guitar and occasionally when a particular frequency catches one of the tweeters buzzes - only past a particular volume though. I assume that this is definately not part of the playing in process (!) and that it needs to go back for a replacement!? I've not noticed it with any other music. Should I just take them straight back!? Cheers, Matt

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i had a pair of MA RS6s that did exactly the same when listening to i think a james blunt song and a REM track - sent them back to MA and they replaced straight away for new set - customer service was excellent.

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, think it might be something to do with the plugs not being tightened up enough. I've now put them in and tightened the screw thing (tight) and the problem seems to have gone?! I thought the qed airlock plugs were pretty snug fitting anyway without needing to be tighten up with the screw thing!?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matengawhat"]i had a pair of MA RS6s that did exactly the same when listening to i think a james blunt song and a REM track - sent them back to MA and they replaced straight away for new set - customer service was excellent.[/quote]

That is not the piont mate. When you pay money for goods that cost over £500 (or at any price!) you shouldn't have to send them back to be fix!

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]You may have a small nest of bees in the tweeter reservoir. The loud music disturbs them sometimes[/quote]

Hmmm.....not thought of that.....better smoke 'em out.......or maybe I should get vanman to do it for me....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts