In praise of the Marantz cd63 mkII KI

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just bought myself an immaculate example of this classic cd player from ebay. It has blown me away completely. It cost £90 which is practically free...The detail, depth and clarity of this thing has really made my head spin!!!

Anybody else want to join in the plaudits?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Perfectly happy with mine, which I've owned for a good few years now, but to be honest it's seriously underused. I've kept about 50 of my most favourite CDs on a shelf so that now and again just for the hell of it I can enjoy the experience of putting a real CD on. The other 600 or-so are boxed away. I'm sure there are many better players than my 63KI, but seeing that the KI sounds so good IMO, and seeing that direct CD replay is just not where I'm interested in heading, it's likely to be the last player I ever buy.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Perfectly happy with mine, which I've owned for a good few years now, but to be honest it's seriously underused. I've kept about 50 of my most favourite CDs on a shelf so that now and again just for the hell of it I can enjoy the experience of putting a real CD on. The other 600 or-so are boxed away. I'm sure there are many better players than my 63KI, but seeing that the KI sounds so good IMO, and seeing that direct CD replay is just not where I'm interested in heading, it's likely to be the last player I ever buy.

I am in a similar boat - the vast majority of the music i listen to is either streamed from my NAS or Spotify. I have only recently gotten back into cd's, i love the sound of them plus i have around 800 which i would never sell so i may aswell put them to good use

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts