improving my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i'm new on here- hope all is well!

I have recently been upgrading a few elements in my stereo system and am maybe looking to change my speakers. The system is as follows:

Ion Obelisk 100 amp
Cambridge Audio Azur 540c CD player
Pro-ject 2 turntable
JPW P1 speakers
QED Qudos speaker cable
Cambridge Audio Pacific Interconnects

What would give me a noticeable upgrade speaker wise for around £250? As far as I can see, the Ion is a Bi-wireable amp.
Also if I keep the P1's, does anyone recommend any improvements to the cabling i'm using?

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Those P1 speakers take me back a bit, great speakers and with your Ion amp a nice match to tame the brightness of your cd player which i actually like. New speakers will sound different of course maybe a bit brighter, Monitor Audio BR2's spring to mind or maybe the Epos ELS 8 which although not a great review in the mag i have heard them and found them quite nice but i feel you would need to spend a bit more to improve on what you have, as for cables i use Gothams and like them a lot although they do divide opinion some like some don't and Van Damme get a good write up for not a lot of money.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ! i'll look into both the cables and the speakers you suggested. I'm just listening to the stereo now and the P1's still take some beating i think!

A

Anonymous

The cd player is the weak link I think but...I am too sold on dac's now to give an opinion on a cd player
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts