I thought everything was perfect with my Kuro now, but....

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
There is a major problem with motion...

I get some serious shimmering with medium to fast pans, it's most notable on HD content. Watching the X Factor, I mean my wife was watching the X Factor [:#] and I noticed that it looked like people's faces were being strecthed with horizontal pans, like heavy wind was blowing in their faces.

I think it's a fault with the TV as no changes in the setings can fix it, I remember someone on the forums with a similar problem.

How annoying!!!!

A

Anonymous

Is that using your TV'S tuner or an external tuner. My sky box gives me some motion issuses on a couple of channels usually the rubbish ones hehe did not notice anything on x factor but then again it is mainly close ups of mr vain anyway.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I don't use the TV tuner, I only experience the motion issues on Sky HD. I was watching X Factor on ITV HD. Time to call the dealer...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I don't get this business with issues. I have a Panny HD-Ready thing and not once have I had any issue with anything. I guess I'm lucky.

A

Anonymous

Pindi:I don't use the TV tuner, I only experience the motion issues on Sky HD. I was watching X Factor on ITV HD. Time to call the dealer...
if you only get the motion issues with sky hd and not with other sources then its unlikely to be a problem with your kuro?

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:Even if it's a Kuro, it's still a machine & can breakdown. Have you got a 5 year warranty on it? I'm sure this can be repaired easily. Good luck!

Yep, I've got the 5 year warranty.

nads

maxflinn:Pindi:I don't use the TV tuner, I only experience the motion issues on Sky HD. I was watching X Factor on ITV HD. Time to call the dealer...
if you only get the motion issues with sky hd and not with other sources then its unlikely to be a problem with your kuro?

agreed.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:Pindi:I don't use the TV tuner, I only experience the motion issues on Sky HD. I was watching X Factor on ITV HD. Time to call the dealer...

Maybe you're right, Max.
emotion-55.gif

I haven't watched a Blu-ray in a while, I'll have to try one out. It could be an issue with my Sky HD box.

A

Anonymous

Pindi:

Maybe you're right, Max.
emotion-55.gif

I haven't watched a Blu-ray in a while, I'll have to try one out. It could be an issue with my Sky HD box.

do you have a 2nd tv? try the sky box with that?

scene

maxflinn:Pindi:

Maybe you're right, Max.
emotion-55.gif

do you have a 2nd tv? try the sky box with that?

Given the quality of build of the Kuro, vs. that of a Sky HD box, it's more than likely to be the Sky box. It's just as likely to be the bandwith / bitrate / compression used by Sky / ITV....

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I think I've solved the problem...

I've changed the output resolution from Auto to 1080i. It must be an issue with my Sky box, but the warranty's expired.

scene

Pindi:
I think I've solved the problem...

I've changed the output resolution from Auto to 1080i. It must be an issue with my Sky box, but the warranty's expired.

Glad to hear yo've sorted things out
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Pindi.

That means now that the sky box is doing your upscaling and not the tv!

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Snakey:
Pindi.

That means now that the sky box is doing your upscaling and not the tv!

I know, I'll have to look into getting a new Sky HD box.

A

Anonymous

Pindi

Set at auto your sky box would scale the HD stuff and your tv the SD. But set to 1080i your sky box scales everything so that means it is ok well to me anyway!

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I had the Sky box on Auto, but I'm having issues with motion now. Having the output resolution set as auto has seemed to fix the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts