Problem with my Pioneer Kuro

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
bigboss said:
BenLaw said:
Have they guaranteed they will (if necessary) replace the screen, despite their budget restriction?

Yes, Pioneer themselves have confirmed to me that they would make every effort to repair the TV, whatever it costs, including replacing the panel if necessary. :)

Glad to hear it!

Hear, hear! :grin:

However, considering BB first contacted Pioneer on Nov 29 - ie the thick-end of two months ago - it hasn't exactly been a 'swift resolution' when bearing in mind BB's no-doubt pricey extended warranty fees and Pioneer's so-called 'premium brand' status.

IMVHO, there's been too much all-round faffing and foot dragging from Sevenoaks and Pioneer :shame:

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant said:
The_Lhc said:
bigboss said:
BenLaw said:
Have they guaranteed they will (if necessary) replace the screen, despite their budget restriction?

Yes, Pioneer themselves have confirmed to me that they would make every effort to repair the TV, whatever it costs, including replacing the panel if necessary. :)

Glad to hear it!

Hear, hear! :grin:

However, considering BB first contacted Pioneer on Nov 29 - ie the thick-end of two months ago - it hasn't exactly been a 'swift resolution' when bearing in mind BB's no-doubt pricey extended warranty fees and Pioneer's so-called 'premium brand' status.

IMVHO, there's been too much all-round faffing and foot dragging from Sevenoaks and Pioneer :shame:
Though I would agree Pioneer have been very slow, my 5 year warranty was free, I am guessing the same for BB. Not that this would be any excuse.

Yes, the 5 year warranty was free. The engineers have been very responsive & are updating me with the TV's status almost everyday. They've updated the software & are doing further tests on the TV.

I have no complaints. The first response took about a week but things have been relatively fast since then. Whenever I contact Pioneer engineers they came over the next day to look at the TV. They changed the drive board & the cable after which the problem had disappeared for a week or so, but came back in the new year. There was a delay of about a week or so for Pioneer to get back to the engineers.

Sevenoaks have been brilliant throughout. They're themselves in touch with the Pioneer engineers & email me almost everyday (even though Sevenoaks is not directly involved in the matter).

The engineers were meant to return the TV last Friday but the problem cropped up again during their testing. So they contacted Pioneer again & updated the software. They wanted to get the TV back on Monday, but I wasn't free until today to be at home.

They came this morning when I was away, popped the TV back on the bracket & left without sorting the wire mess out. All the wires of the Ikea dioder were sticking out, & even the dioders were not stuck back!

I called them again & they promptly returned. Finally got everything sorted! On checking briefly, I haven't seen the problem yet. Hope it doesn't come back again. :)

My dealer had also seen this problem on my screen when he came before Christmas. I emailed him about it, & this is the reply I got:

The blackness I saw is a fault i am sure.

I will report it to YMM again as they should have resolved this when it was back with them.

Glad it is performing OK, but it appears we are not quite there yet.

YMM is the official Pioneer service centre.

I haven't seen the problem come back yet. But there's something else really weird. When I switch the TV on from cold, there's strange blackness which regresses to the edges like a wave of fluid moving out of the TV & disappears within 2 seconds. What is this? :?

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
there's strange blackness which regresses to the edges like a wave of fluid moving out of the TV & disappears within 2 seconds.

Obviously a fault that you need fixing, however it does sound quite cool 8)

BTW - are you ready to change your TV yet ;)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
...But there's something else really weird ... a strange blackness ... like a wave of fluid ... What is this?

Black_oil.jpg

Finally, all problems seem to have been sorted! :)

The engineers came last Monday to update the drive board's software, but the problem persisted. So they contacted Pioneer again. Pioneer said that they've been made aware of a batch of faulty drive boards. My problem started ever since they replaced the drive board before Christmas. They changed the drive board on Friday. I haven't seen the problem on Friday, & then was away over the weekend. I'll check tonight to make sure the problem isn't back.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm very glad your ordeal seems to be over...it's also good to know that Pioneer saw the thing through, especially for all the other owners on here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts