Problem with my Pioneer Kuro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Surely between Sevenoaks and Pioneer they could come up with a loan screen that you can use in the iterim.

Being attentive and responsive is only part of good service.

Best of luck.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This is terrible, really sorry to hear about your problems BB :mad: The frustrating thing is you're now in a much worse position than before you tried to get it prepared. I don't think my family would cope over Xmas without a tv downstairs - have you asked about a loan or will you be moving another one down?

bigboss said:
Got a reply from Sevenoaks this morning. They're very busy until Christmas, but will send a non-installer to put the cable from "outside".

It won't look attractive, for a cable to hang out, but that's the best temporary solution, so I won't be left without a TV.

Meanwhile, my bedroom 32-inch Samsung is doing its job downstairs.

The person from Sevenoaks will come next week to connect the cable temporarily.

Andrew from Sevenoaks called today (he was the one I dealt with when I bought my AV system). He's coming at 9pm to sort the TV problem temporarily, by pulling out the DisplayPort cable from the conduit & connecting it from the "outside" so we at least will have TV running for Christmas holidays.

He said he couldn't have come any other time, as he has some installation work in Manchester from tomorrow until Christmas eve.

A massive thumbs up to Sevenoaks!!! They have a permanent customer in me!

th_ThumbsUp2.gif

Job's done! :)

I can't believe the stupidity of the Pioneer engineers! They tried replacing a 5m cable with a 3m one! :wall:

No wonder they couldn't pass it through the conduit!

They also wrapped a cello tape to piggy back the old DisplayPort cable as it was pulled rough the conduit. Due to this, the old cable has been left damaged.

The cable hanging doesn't look attractive, but at least I have the TV on. I haven't seen the cluster of dots as yet. I'll now email Pioneer.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
This is the kind of situation that always offsets my jealousy of Kuro owners. It must be extreemly worrying when a fault occurs - I'm not sure I could handle it :oops:

Glad you got it fixed for Xmas - pity there's nothing decent on! :rofl:

The original problem has returned! |(

The cluster of dots have come back since the new year weekend (despite a new drive board & DisplayPort cable). Pioneer engineers will come on Thursday to have a look. I hope it is repairable, as I'm not keen on having another TV just yet. :help:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
The original problem has returned! |(

The cluster of dots have come back since the new year weekend (despite a new drive board & DisplayPort cable). Pioneer engineers will come on Thursday to have a look. I hope it is repairable, as I'm not keen on having another TV just yet. :help:

Sorry to hear the outbreak of measles has returned. :O
I hope they find the right vaccine soon.

Cno

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Last night i switched on my Pioneer LX5090 and there was no picture on it's own DVB tuner. I checked the aerial (because of the strong winds) and everything is fine, the tv even detects that there is signal strength of up to 98%. There is text on the display telling you what's on and about the programme, but no picture. Luckily i have virgin so i wasn't without tv. I also have a 5 year guarantee so it looks like i may have to give my local shop where i got it from a call.

The Pioneer engineer came on Thursday. He told me that the display panel will probably need changing. He will get this authorised from Pioneer & then take the tv away for a couple of days or so for the same, probably next week.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
Lee H said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Hello bigboss, has your Pioneer definitely been repaired yet? It was due to be done last week.

Man, that's some signature you've got going on. I've seen shorter threads.
You are too kind- there are signatures and there is ostentation.Personally I think I know which side of the line this is.

Wow. I had no problem with Lee H's comment. However, Ravey Gravey Davy, you might like to know that nobody gave me all my stuff. The recent AV equipment has been lovingly and painstakingly acquired from about July 2008 until December 2010, and gives me much joy. The most recent aspect of that, quite apart from watching Blu-Rays films in surround sound in any of three rooms, is that (now that the NBA basketball season in America has started its abbreviated season after the players' dispute) I can now watch, from my bed, the live NBA broadcasts which are sent to my computer. Then down a 20m SVGA cable to the bedroom television. But hey, if you don't want me to either have my stuff or to tell fellow AV people about it, I could always throw it all out of the window.

Returning to the main thread topic - BigBoss, I'm so sorry that your problem has returned. And super, whose television is the exact same model as one of mine, is also having problems! Perhaps I should be worried also! Is equipment age a factor here? I got my 50" Pioneer in September 2009 and the 42" one in July 2008, and touch wood very hard, so far both are fine.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
Lee H said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Hello bigboss, has your Pioneer definitely been repaired yet? It was due to be done last week.

Man, that's some signature you've got going on. I've seen shorter threads.
You are too kind- there are signatures and there is ostentation.

Wow. I had no problem with Lee H's comment. However, Ravey Gravey Davy, you might like to know that nobody gave me all my stuff.

I'm not sure that's the point, I don't know what ostentation means but when your signature is longer than most of your posts it's probably worth considering whether to cut it back a little of not. It does take up an awful lot of screen space.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
when your signature is longer than most of your posts it's probably worth considering whether to cut it back a little

Surely that's their choice (nobody's forced to read through it)! That said, anyone that has a parlour system is clearly showing off a little... ;)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
The_Lhc said:
when your signature is longer than most of your posts it's probably worth considering whether to cut it back a little

Surely that's their choice (nobody's forced to read through it)!

You have to scroll past it to get to any posts beneath it, if everyone had a sig like that you'd only fit two posts on a page...

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
But hey, if you don't want me to either have my stuff or to tell fellow AV people about it, I could always throw it all out of the window.

Nah, then we'd just have the same amount of text about your 'garden' system :) Sorry, but I also agree that your sig is a bit wordy. By all means tell us about your system, but maybe in the 'My system' section, rather than at the bottom of every post?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Just for you The_Lhc.

os·ten·ta·tion (
obreve.gif
s
lprime.gif
t
ebreve.gif
n-t
amacr.gif
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n, -t
schwa.gif
n-)
n.1. Pretentious display meant to impress others; boastful showiness.2. Archaic The act or an instance of showing; an exhibition.

Yeah, I know, I was kidding but even if I didn't know, your sig would have told me! ;)

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Update, it maybe of intrest and worth it to you to know of the cure of the tuner failure on my pioneer LX5090. I normally have my tv in standby when not in use, so i thought as a last resort before i call out an engineer that i would completely kill the power to the tv and then switch on. Success...... the tv is now back to working normally again and i hope will continue to do so. Could this have been some sort of static build up ? Has anyone else come across this strange problem ?

super said:
Update, it maybe of intrest and worth it to you to know of the cure of the tuner failure on my pioneer LX5090. I normally have my tv in standby when not in use, so i thought as a last resort before i call out an engineer that i would completely kill the power to the tv and then switch on. Success...... the tv is now back to working normally again and i hope will continue to do so. Could this have been some sort of static build up ? Has anyone else come across this strange problem ?

Glad you're sorted! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts