Problem with my Pioneer Kuro

Since few days, I'm occasionally getting a cluster of blue dots in the middle of the screen against a white background like snow, or green against a yellowish background.

I first noticed it while watching the "Frozen Planet" on BBC HD, then again while watching "Up" on blu-ray, then again yesterday watching "South Park" on Comedy Central HD.

Check the photo below:

IMAG0274.jpg

I emailed Sevenoaks Sheffield last night. I got a response early this morning, giving me the contact details of Pioneer service. They offered to act as the "middle man" to deal with Pioneer to sort the problem, but advised that I speak to them directly (obviously, as only I can decide the best date & time for the engineer to visit).

I then called Pioneer service today, & while on the phone, I emailed the picture to him. He first asked me if I had the warranty number in hand (as I have a 5 year manufacturer's warranty). I was at work, so didn't have it. He reassured me to not worry; & that he would find my details in their records. I should expect a call from the engineer soon.

I'm massively impressed by the experience. Even though Sevenoaks had nothing to do with it, they still offered to help. Try getting this level of service from Comet or Currys. I'm also impressed by the support I got from Pioneer so far.

Obviously, I will prefer that the TV is repaired, as there's no suitable replacement in the market today, in my opinion. I updated Sevenoaks of the outcome so far, & also expressed my concerns.

This is the reply I got:

"Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

I think they have provisions to fix these screens still so fingers crossed (incidentally the Pioneer is still class leading despite being discontinued)

Keep in touch with your progress please"

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BB, I'm sorry to hear that.

When I got one of the last Kuros, I asked the dealer about the value of a 5 year warranty from a company that no longer made TVs.

I was told that their technical division would retain the expertise/parts to fix problems over that period. I hope this proves to be the case.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

+1

I don't doubt that Pioneer will do their very best for you, and fingers crossed, a repair is possible.

As you said, there's still nothing to compare with a Kuro, especially a KRP500a.

And a
clap.gif
for Sevenoaks too

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Since few days, I'm occasionally getting a cluster of blue dots in the middle of the screen against a white background like snow, or green against a yellowish background.

I first noticed it while watching the "Frozen Planet" on BBC HD, then again while watching "Up" on blu-ray, then again yesterday watching "South Park" on Comedy Central HD.

Check the photo below:

IMAG0274.jpg

I emailed Sevenoaks Sheffield last night. I got a response early this morning, giving me the contact details of Pioneer service. They offered to act as the "middle man" to deal with Pioneer to sort the problem, but advised that I speak to them directly (obviously, as only I can decide the best date & time for the engineer to visit).

I then called Pioneer service today, & while on the phone, I emailed the picture to him. He first asked me if I had the warranty number in hand (as I have a 5 year manufacturer's warranty). I was at work, so didn't have it. He reassured me to not worry; & that he would find my details in their records. I should expect a call from the engineer soon.

I'm massively impressed by the experience. Even though Sevenoaks had nothing to do with it, they still offered to help. Try getting this level of service from Comet or Currys. I'm also impressed by the support I got from Pioneer so far.

Obviously, I will prefer that the TV is repaired, as there's no suitable replacement in the market today, in my opinion. I updated Sevenoaks of the outcome so far, & also expressed my concerns.

This is the reply I got:

"Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

I think they have provisions to fix these screens still so fingers crossed (incidentally the Pioneer is still class leading despite being discontinued)

Keep in touch with your progress please"

I had something similar to this on my LG, I was guided to a factory reset.....This resolved the issue completely, worth a try?

A

Anonymous

My original 503 was one of the first TVs equiped with HDMI. It worked as advertised with a Pioneer DVD, but had a hissy fit when I connected a SKY HD box. Pioneer's service was superb and their engineers personally replaced the media box within 2 days. I'm confident that they will honour the KURO 5 year warrenty, but am now a little concerned by the blue dots and will be grateful for an update. All the best for a successful outcome. Agree with the above comments - still unequalled for picture quality, but KURO engineering team allegedly joined Panasonic so expect they will catch up eventually, cost permitting.

Thanks for your comments so far. I will be guided by the Pioneer engineer before attempting a factory reset. I don't want to lose the calibration. But I guess that will be the first suggestion from the engineer as well.

Got an email from Pioneer service this morning:

"Thank you for the requested information.

This is a fault with the screen and we are arranging for an authorised
Pioneer repair centre to contact you under your 5 year warranty to inspect
and repair the screen."

The engineer came today. He thinks the problem is with the Drive Board which needs replacing. He couldn't get the TV off the wall as he was on his own (although he knew only my mum will be at home) :doh:

A couple more engineers will come tomorrow & will repair the TV at home. :clap:

|( |(

The engineers came today. They thought that the problem was due to a faulty DisplayPort cable! They then proceeded to change it, but couldn't pass the cable properly through the conduit!! They've also damaged the old DisplayPort cable in the process!

They've asked me to contact my installer to do it for them. They would pay for it.

I've sent an email to Sevenoaks.....I hope they can do it before Christmas (although even they may be busy until then). I'v got a load of blu ray discs lined up for the Christmas holidays!!

What are the chances of having 2 problems at the same time??

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
|( |(

The engineers came today. They thought that the problem was due to a faulty DisplayPort cable! They then proceeded to change it, but couldn't pass the cable properly through the conduit!! They've also damaged the old DisplayPort cable in the process!

They've asked me to contact my installer to do it for them. They would pay for it.

I've sent an email to Sevenoaks.....I hope they can do it before Christmas (although even they may be busy until then). I'v got a load of blu ray discs lined up for the Christmas holidays!!

What are the chances of having 2 problems at the same time??

Hmm, not good. Very much hoping Sevenoaks get something sorted out for you, but not impressed that Pioneer's contractors have left you in this state - I would definintely let them (Pioneer) know about this, because it's not what you'd expect from a premium supplier.

I'll wait for the problem to be sorted before letting Pioneer know. I have not been able to check if the original problem has been corrected or not.

Got a reply from Sevenoaks this morning. They're very busy until Christmas, but will send a non-installer to put the cable from "outside". Sevenoaks also needs the cabinet maker (Neville Johnson) to be present when they'll attempt to run the cable through the conduit. I contacted Neville Johnson who will arrange for one. I think they'll charge for service as well.

This hopefully will be done in January.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts