Hyde Park calling

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Leaving soon for Hard Rock Calling at Hyde Park with my son, neighbour and neighbours friend to see the mighty Neil Young. Also playing are Fleet Foxes, The Pretenders and a few others. Have you seen the weather outside? What a great day for it, I can`t wait! Anyone else going?

John Duncan

Nope, getting ready for a table tennis tournamentround a mate's house (no really). But much better weather than when I went to see Gabriel and Crowded house there last (?) year - Neil Finn being beaten by stair rods...

A

Anonymous

There's never a great day to see The Pretenders in my mind. Saw them twice supprting U2 years ago. Bland is the best I can say. Neil Young on the other hand GREAT

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Well the weather took a turn for the worse but by the sounds of it we didn`t have it as bad as some areas.

Missed The Pretenders as we were still in the basement of The Hard Rock Cafe downing a few.

Fleet Foxes were very good indeed. Superb harmonies.

Neil Young was GREAT. Nice to see so many youngsters there who all seemed to be singing along to his back catalogue which suprised me a bit. To cap off a great performance Young ended with a rendition of `A Day In The Life` and who do you think should come onstage to join in but Sir Paul McCartney himself! Two legends for the price of one!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it.

The Wife and I were up at the Adelphi watching Derren Brown's latest show last night.

The guy is unbelevable.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Chris. Glad you had a good time also.

Just wanted to quickly add that the sound system at Hyde Park was excellent as was the quality of the video screens. Just a shame I can`t be there again today for Springsteen!

A

Anonymous

Was around that way yesterday killing time before heading to Wembley arena to see BB King with John Mayall as support.

Cracking gig,shame i was,nt in the front couple of rows,BB must have thrown a 1000 plectums out there.

A

Anonymous

Went to Hyde Park on Friday for Killers and Silversun Pickups.

Saw Neil Young at Isle of Wight earlier this month and he played a similar set, though he changed the running order...just to be different.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Richard Melville:Went to Hyde Park on Friday for Killers and Silversun Pickups.

Saw Neil Young at Isle of Wight earlier this month and he played a similar set, though he changed the running order...just to be different.

Ah, I wonder what the running order was for the IOW? Must say I was hoping to hear `Like A Hurricane` but sadly he didn`t play it. Still great though and he did play `Hey Hey, My My` which I wasn`t expecting as I thought he`d stopped playing it? That song really is a great way to open a set!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts