How to move itunes

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Morning all

I've installed itunes and copied my CD's to my laptop's hard drive, trouble is my hard drive is now full. How can I transfer all of this to my portable external hard drive? I've tried copying and send to but its coming up its write protected. No matter what I've tried I can't move it. Is there any way of sorting this apart from deleting the whole lot and starting again, saying that I can't even delete the itunes program.

Cheers

nads

find your itunes folder and copy or cut and paste to new location. tell your iTunes where the new library is.

sounds like you may have some property settings to check on your external drive.

John Duncan

Write protected? that sounds more like a problem with the setup of your external hardrive than anything. Can you write any other files to it?

That notwithstanding, in order to move it correctly, you need to first set up the iTunes library folder to be on the external hard drive, and then do a 'consolidate library' - this will move all the files it knows about (ie currently on your internal hard drive) to your iTunes folder location (which will then be your external hard drive).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts