How to burn the best quality audio cd from mp3 files?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got about 100 mp3 music albums that I want to burn to cd, to play via my hifi system.

Before I start, I just wondered how you achieve the best quality?

I realise that you need to convert the files from mp3 to wav first - but wondered is it best to do this first, then burn these files to a cd - as part of a 2 stage process.

Or can you use a piece of software that converts and burns as well? - without losing quality?

Also - does anyone have a recommendation for the best free software to achieve any of the above.

I really dont mind how much time this all takes - as long as the results are the best that can be achieved.

Way to go?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I think you're stuck with the mp3 files.

you can compress from wav to mp3 but there's no turning back on it as once the data is lost it can't be recreated,

A

Anonymous

Hi

I'm not really too sure what you mean. If you have MP3 music files on your PC then you should simply be able to import them into a music manager like iTunes/SonicStage or WMP, create a 'library' of music and then use the 'burn' function in any of these applications to transfer your albums to CD. The conversion is automatic (as far as I understand) unless you wish to create a data cd, in which case the MP3 files are burned to the cd in their original format. If you download iTunes click on 'file' and then 'add folder to library' it will allow you to search your PC for any music files that you wish to import. Hope this is on the right lines...?

A

Anonymous

Oh by the way SonicStage (no longer used by Sony but still available to download from the website) will allow you to convert any file to WAV but there really isn't any point doing this first as you have already lost a lot of the information due to compression to the MP3 format...

A

Anonymous

thanks for this - I think what I really meant was... i realise that you can use something like Nero to do all this for you - but I wondered if by using such a programme, would you be losing even more of the quality that you have already lost by having an mp3?

i wondered if anyone had used other 'maybe less user friendly / but better' software to first convert to wav - then to burn to a playable audio cd?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts