How Much ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If you don't know how much these are, have a guess but don't cheat !

If you know then 'Would you, if you could, I mean ?'

Any chance of these as part of a 5.1 system as a prize in the Chrimbo edition (if it isn't out already
emotion-5.gif
)

eggleston_works_ivy_speaker.jpg

A

Anonymous

welshboy:
emotion-41.gif

I guessyou cheated then ? Shame on you !! Would you have ever guessed ?

A

Anonymous

Blunny89:UNBELIEVABLE! ;)

Yes I succumbed too just now.........

A

Anonymous

daveh75:i cheated too, and to answer your question andy, no i wouldn't, even if i could afford it. but would you?

Well if money was no object then maybe..... the prob being , how do you move the bloody things to set them up. Did you see how heavy they are ?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:yeah, a shade over 1/3 of a tonne, not exactly light weight,

Yep, the servants would do their backs in !!

You'd have to partner them with this, or it's like, which is neither light on back nor pocket

boulder_pre_amp_2010_sml.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:for the combined price of the two, you can still by a reasonable 2-3 house, well where i live you can! i'm living in the north east at the moment!

Yep, although you need a stately home to use the 1000w system to its max ! My house in Warwickshire has 3 big beds, 2 lounges,underfloor heating, jacuzzi bath and twin basins, garage and garden and still about the same !!

Can the difference be heard on such a system ? Prob not but I wonder ??

No come back from the team re: my suggestion of a Chrimbo prize.......quelle suprise !!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:must admit i dont think they could deliver the performance i would expect from a speaker of that price.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect from a 200k system but surely the voices of Angels would sound like Take That live in comparison to what should ooze, like the nectar of the gods, from such a system.

Bet it doesn't though !!

daveh75

daveh75:for the combined price of the two, you can still by a reasonable 2-3 house, well where i live you can! i'm living in the north east at the moment! scratch that, make that 2 houses for the money, mis-read the price of the amp as 12k not 112k,

A

Anonymous

Yep we are talking silly numbers, You don't live in the Toon then Daveh ?

A

Anonymous

I lived in Newcastle for 8 years incl my time at the Poly there. Loved it. Worked in Morpeth for a while and the accent in the surrounding villages is totally mental.

daveh75

well i live in bedlington,just down the road from morpeth, and your right some of the accents are mad, i had trouble understanding people when i moved up here, (originating from london)sayin that i've got a mate who is from cambo, which if you dont know, is way out in the sticks the other side of morpeth, and to this day i dont understand a word he says,

A

Anonymous

I'd had 4 years up there b4 working in Morpeth and surrounding villages and was fluent in Geordie. I interviewed an ex miner (selling pension cover/insurance...I still feel dirty) and I didn't have a clue. I thought he was spitting at me but that's how they talk........and he was being nice.

TonyHall

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
If we're having a North East love-in...

I'm a soft, shandy drinking, southerner and have been exiled oop north in 'Newcassel' for the last 15 years :)

Nobody understands me here as I speak with *no* accent at all!?!

Still, I've no desire to move back 'daan saaf' any time soon. Love it here.

Cheers,
Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts