HI-Fi Game Changers for 2024?

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Whether it be a DMP-A6/A8 or a Wiim Pro Plus, has anyone else given thought to a streamer with volume control directly into a power amp? I'm picturing the Wiim into, say, a big block of Bryston or Krell. It may only suit someone like myself who has reverted to a single source - i.e. streaming.

Whether it be a DMP-A6/A8 or a Wiim Pro Plus, has anyone else given thought to a streamer with volume control directly into a power amp? I'm picturing the Wiim into, say, a big block of Bryston or Krell. It may only suit someone like myself who has reverted to a single source - i.e. streaming.
Digital volume controls will lose resolution - for the best sound quality, a lossless digital volume will need to be used. You’ll probably find having a good pre-amp between the Wiim and the power amps will sound better than just the Wiim on its own. Budget streamers are best used as fixed output.

Reactions: Juzzie Wuzzie

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
The WiiM Amp streamer has a Volume control button, might interest you?
View: https://youtu.be/lcJNantaYVk?si=aKHAOKhSmICjGEv2

Reactions: Juzzie Wuzzie

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Not exactly Bryston or Krell amplification really…
That scene in the Ghost Busters where they're asked to imagine something the least terrible, and the Giant Marsh Mello Man appeared, yeah I had that moment :sneaky:

I can think of the Hegal H190?

Update:
Aaaagh sorry wrong model I meant Hegel H120 or H95 Integrated Streaming Amplifier, the H190 is integrated DAC Amp.

Last edited:

I've mostly used our DMP-A6 Master Edition and DMP-A8 in variable output mode into power amps such as ATC P2, Qualiton Audio P200, Kinki Studio EX-B7's, etc. and active speakers such as ATC SCM40A, ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors, etc. No issues. Work a treat :)

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I've mostly used our DMP-A6 Master Edition and DMP-A8 in variable output mode into power amps such as ATC P2, Qualiton Audio P200, Kinki Studio EX-B7's, etc. and active speakers such as ATC SCM40A, ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors, etc. No issues. Work a treat :)
Those Kinki Studio amps look so much like the Hegels, I suspect tonally they're different?

Those Kinki Studio amps look so much like the Hegels, I suspect tonally they're different?

The Kinki Studio EX-M7 and EX-B7's are high speed, ultra wide bandwidth 0 - 2.5MHz!, ultra high current amplifiers with a solidity of build, fit, finishing, quality of parts and a performance potential that puts them at another level.

Here's some pics of our EX-M7 -

kinki studio ex-m7 top panel pic..jpg

kinki studio ex-m7 inside front top pic..jpg

Nicely put! :ROFLMAO:
I disagree.
Reviews have there place as an indicator of potential failings.
The idea of actually auditioning for yourself is a good one only it's much harder to do these days with only a few decent dealerships left, especially in the UK.
Reviews should help yo shortlist possibilities, nothing else.
Go to a deal and you only get their opinions.

Reactions: Jasonovich
I disagree.
Reviews have there place as an indicator of potential failings.
The idea of actually auditioning for yourself is a good one only it's much harder to do these days with only a few decent dealerships left, especially in the UK.
Reviews should help yo shortlist possibilities, nothing else.
Go to a deal and you only get their opinions.
I wasn’t necessarily agreeing, I just liked the expressive nature of his reply :) .

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I see from your signature that you're using a Eversolo's DAC-Z8. Good isn't it? :)
I love the EverSolo, the interface is intuitive and the sound quality is absolutely superb.
I have been so gospel about ES, I think some people on this thread must think I'm on some kind of a commission 😂
The EverSolo reminds me of the love child of the smart phone and DAC named Rose.
I think having a separate DAC and the JF digital transport works well.
The biggest discovery for me this year were the ES and the most amazing Adam near field active monitor speakers.
Always nice to get a perspective from a seller and thanks for sharing 👍

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS