HI-Fi Game Changers for 2024?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
HiFi Pig has done their review of the DMP-A8 - check out the link below :)

nightanddaygamechangers

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
HiFi Pig has done their review of the DMP-A8 - check out the link below :)

Looking at their list of reviews, as far as I could be bothered to scroll, they seem to give everything they review some form of award.

Reactions: Al ears

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Perhaps they are sponsored....?
I don't doubt it, some are more transparent than others.
Even though they're French publication, they try to support local hifi dealerships, which is a good thing. It's a shame there aren't too many dealerships today, not surprising with the pear shaped economy most of us are experiencing.

1702056742830.png

Gray

Looking at their list of reviews, as far as I could be bothered to scroll, they seem to give everything they review some form of award.
On that point:
Somebody challenged the hi-fi reviewer on AV Forums - asking why every product received scores of 8, 9 or sometimes even 10 out of 10.

The reviewer made the point that, with so much stuff available, only the better products are worth featuring....to explain why everything featured got a favourable review.

WHF might make the same argument, how often do we see anything less than a 4-star review from them?
Again, the cynics might well say it's for financial reasons (but what isn't these days?).

WHF might make the same argument, how often do we see anything less than a 4-star review from them?
Again, the cynics might well say it's for financial reasons (but what isn't these days?).
Used to be frequent, but manufacturers/distributors who have received unfavourable reviews before are learning to ignore WHF in case it happens again. Plus, a few have said their demo room favours certain types of speakers. A treated demo room shouldn’t favour any speaker, especially a reviewer’s demo room.

Reactions: Gray

Friesiansam

Plus, a few have said their demo room favours certain types of speakers. A treated demo room shouldn’t favour any speaker, especially a reviewer’s demo room.
Or in other words, their product got a poor review, so they are blaming the reviewers for their product's failings, rather than admit that it might not be as good as they claim.

Doesn't matter how carefully reviewers try to be even-handed and fair, anyone, especially manufacturers and brand fanboys who disagree with their findings, will be likely to claim unfair bias.

Reactions: daveh75 and Gray
Or in other words, their product got a poor review, so they are blaming the reviewers for their product's failings, rather than admit that it might not be as good as they claim.

Doesn't matter how carefully reviewers try to be even-handed and fair, anyone, especially manufacturers and brand fanboys who disagree with their findings, will be likely to claim unfair bias.
Just because WHF didn’t give a favourable review, it doesn’t mean it was a failing of the product not being up to scratch.

Reactions: jjbomber

SteveR750

TLDR to the OP: Wiim Pro Plus now that it has 4 ch PEQ, with at least 2 more, maybe 4. The remote will also eventually come with an inbuilt quality mic, and voila! room correction for the masses: easily the biggest improvement anyone can make to their system. For those who already own a competent DAC, then the £150 Pro is perfectly adequate.
My other prediction is that folk will realise how good sonically the Chinese £100 class D amps, e.g. Fosi, Aiyima etc; just don't expect a full feature set and multiple inputs.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the new Eversolo DMP-A8 (with dual top of the range AKM chipset) due to launch January 2024 is going ruffle some feathers in the DAC/Streamer market.
If the DMP-A6 is about £800-£900, how much will the DMP-A8 cost £1500? I wonder, if they will also release the Master Edition to cement the line?
View attachment 5469
View attachment 5470

But hey, that's just my opinion.
What new products do you think will be the game changers 2024?

DMP-A8 is excellent. I've been using our demo DMP-A8 over the last two weeks and it's worth every penny of its RRP of £1890 :)

Btw, I am a sucker for spectrum analysers and the DMP-A8 has four to choose from. These look wicked :cool:

Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts