Question Is this a worthwhile trade?

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I own some Fyne audio 502 sp in walnut. I've just moved house and I didn't realise how actually big these speakers are. Our house is a semi so I thought about trading for some bookshelf as my listening room is only 18ftx16ft. Mine are shop demo pair.

Someone has offered me a trade for audio vector r1 aventgaurds in walnut

Do you know much about these speakers? and do you think it's a worthwhile trade?

Thanks for any input :)

I agree, but it's a buying blind again as it's a trade with a chap rather than showroom.

:)
Those speakers would be an alternative only if you feel sure the ones you already have don't work well in that size room.
Have you actually tried them?
I have large floorstanders in my bedroom that, in theory, should not work, but they do....
Can you borrow them from this chap first to see if the Audiovectors actually work well?

Reactions: WayneKerr
18’ by 16’ is a nice sized room for floorstanders in my experience, unless you’ve a lot of furniture or it’s used for other things. But if it’s a typical British living room/lounge with a sofa, a couple of chairs, a telly and a coffee table…?

Any chance of a picture, as a lot depends on where you actually putting the speakers rather than the dimensions per se.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts