how hot is your Magic?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been playing around with my kit lately and I have just upgraded my DAC magic with the help of Audio Upgrades, to their level 1 upgrade with the burson opamps and loving the transformation. What I really want to know is how warm your DAC magic runs, I hadn't owned the unit long before I upgrades and can't really remember if the unit ran hot or not. At the moment it is running very warm and I suspect its the addition of the burson opamps which is doing this, but I'm asking for your help so that I can confirm this. I worry that the solder might start melting and something horrible will happen. So does your unit run hot?

A

Anonymous

Only lukewarm, warmer than my cd player, but certainly not as warm as my amplifier.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
from what i remember, warm, but certainly not enough to make me worry about solder!

i'd contact them to find out if that is normal.

A

Anonymous

I've been in contact, no reply yet but it has been over the weekend so I will let them off.

I heard that sometimes the silver units reflect a bit more heat, I wonder if this is contributing? Its very well ventilated but I wonder if a few vent holes might do the trick, humm.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
nodnarb4444:GForce1:Only lukewarm, warmer than my cd player, but certainly not as warm as my amplifier.
as above,(black edition)

Ditto

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys.

I have had an email back it seems that the new ops genrally run a lot hotter and that they added a heatsink as a consequence. The heatsink in only a few mm away from the casework explaining why its mainly one are on the right side that gets hot.

Anyway looking forward to further burn in, they say it takes on a life of its own after a good month although its already a smile inducing upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts