Home cinema question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people, Im new at this. I thought i could pick your brains for info/advice. I have a Sony Kdl- 40W5500 tv, PS3, Sky+, Wii and wireless broadband to. I want a Home cinema package. I want to play sky through it, PS3, hook up Ipod and laptop. I have about £400 to spend on it. I would also like the rear speakers at least to be wireless? any suggestions!!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The most affordable solution is probably something like the Sony HT-IS100, which you can find for about £380. However, to get wireless rear speakers you will have to add on Sony's WAHT-SA1 S-AIR wireless pack, which is around £140, and for iPod connectivity you'll need the TDM-iP50 DM Port adapter, at £60 or so.

scene

bigboss:This is coming in the next few weeks. I think the system will cost around £400-450 & wireless rear upgrade will cost a bit more.

Well if samsung want to get 3D domination, this is going to be a major fly in their ointment at that price!

I may have to revise my earlier comments about 3D uptake. If Sony are really going to release a full 5.1 3D solution at that price as their entry point for the 3D war, it looks like they really are trying to park their tanks on Samsung's lawn...

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:This is coming in the next few weeks. I think the system will cost around £400-450 & wireless rear upgrade will cost a bit more.

Looking at the Sony website it seems as though this unit only has an HDMI output and no input with which the OP would be able to use his PS3. In the tech specs (and this is slightly confusing) it only lists one HDMI connection (and not whether it is input or output) and below in the HDMI section it lists all the x.v.Colour and whatnot but then this...

Video Signal Input (480i / 480p)

NO

Component to HDMIT

NO

Video Signal Input (720p)

NO

Video Signal Input (1080i)

NO

Video Decoder (A / D)

NO

Almost as though it doesn't accept anything via HDMI and all the specs are for a single HDMI Output to the telly.

TRENDING THREADS