Question Bang & Olufsen Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 Home Theater?

OlufBangsen

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi!

I am in the lucky position to spec out a top notch home theater with all B&O speakers.

Idea is a Beosound Theater bar with a 85' TV, left and right a Beolab 28s, a Beolab 19 subwoofer in the middle, then Beolab 8s left, right, behind left right, as well as two shapes at the ceiling.

Is that a realistic solution? Would very much appreciate thoughts and suggestions here as I am relatively new to sound and don't want to just go with what is proposed to me by the store people.

The room is roughly 3mx4m and 2.4m high (see attached image)

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 16.04.47.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 16.04.47.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 7
Your overhead speakers need to come towards the middle of the room. Check the guide.

If you're buying from B&O, they will advise you on the ideal speaker placement.

And congratulations on B&O based system! They're fantastic speakers.

OlufBangsen

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
Great advise! Thank you so much 🙏

You don't think the experience will suffer from the small room and the off center seating?

(Receiving my first BO speaker s (Beolab 8s) mid March. Excited!)

Fandango Andy

Does your seating need to be off centre? It looks like you have room to move it to the right and still get around it.

The only furniture appears to be a sofa. You need to make sure your room doesn't have too much reverberation. Thick carpet or rug, heavy curtains, or some professional room treatments. All the corrective software in the world is less Important than a good room.

Are they front stereo speakers in the corners? I'm not familiar with your system, they may be specifically designed for corners, if not loadspeakers hate corners, they are better pulled out and in. Check with the manufacturer if they have are designed for a specifically placement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts