Hi Fi noobie question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Iv been a fan of home cinema for a while now, and it the past have only used all in one cheapo sound systems to play music. I have a Pioneer FD51 bluray, Yamaha 863 amp and KEF 2005.3 speakers. I was looking into gettin the NAD CD player and amp that what hifi have been raving about recently and also a pair of Dali Lektor 1 speakers. My question is do i really need another amp and speakers or will my KEF and Yamaha do the job just as well?

any info would be greatly appriciated, thanks

Messiah

Depends how much the Stereo side of things matters to you. The NAD Combo paired with the Lektors should certainly sound better than your current set up for Stereo music.

Maybe try and demo it and decide then?

Worth looking at Richer Sounds, guaranteed good budget stuff. The only drawback is you can't demo the products there, although they do offer a two-week returns policy. Or try taking some headphones along with you, I'm sure they won't begrudge you the chance to have a listen.

SteveR750

Trouble with demoing woth headphones is they sound nothing like a room, let alone your room, which could be a major problem but it makes things a bit hit and miss maybe..? The 2 weeks at home is a good idea on paper, but may I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier - RS don't exactly seem to like swapping gear over for no apparent reason other than I dont like it. At least the Cardiff branch 3 years ago didn't.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts