End of my journey

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gpi2

Mar 24, 2021
Visit site
After a lifetime of chop and change from the humble beginnings of a NAD3020 , Mission 700's and a Dual 505 I finally arrive with the retirement setup:

Michell Orbe with Technoarm and Dynavector 10x5
Roksan Caspian M2 CD
Phasemation EA-200 phono amp
NAD C289 power amp
Parasound JC-2 pre amp
Cambridge CXN V2 streamer
Usher Mini Dancer 2 DMD

Oh and what a palava to get the right file extension
Does the dog get the sweet spot? Or you've overspent and had to sell the sofa.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
For the record, I am no audiophile, its just about listening to the music,
Your system looks lovely ! But come on pull the other one LOL.

I dont get it why is everyone so scared to call themselfs an audiophile? its exactly what you/we are.

You are the very definition of the word "A person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction" we all are! And you here showing off the very fine gear so you do appreciate it . If you didnt like it or weren't an audiophile you wouldn't be hear shouting about it.

make no mistake you're audiophile!

As I say lovely system hope it bring many years of joy.

Reactions: Tinman1952

FMIB

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for the compliments.
In terms of your definition, then yes, I am enthusiastic about high fidelity sound, so perhaps an audiophile after all, but it's not a hobby for me.
For example, did I audition a single piece of my equipment, well actually no. I have made changes or upgraded without auditioning, nothing more than reading a few reviews. Each change that has been made did make some difference to the sound, some more than others. Some changes were made simply to make life easier as I age, reducing the weight of a 50kg amp to a 10 kg amp for example, for ease of moving/cleaning etc.
The biggest change was the recent "downgrade" from 3 way floor standing speakers to 2 way stand mount speakers, but somewhat of an upgrade from Gold to Platinum. I am still blown away at how different and just how good the sound now is, resulting in significantly more hours relaxing, listening to music.
To be honest I rarely listen to CDs or Vinyl now and 98% of my listening is streaming, so I often have thoughts of selling off the record deck and CD transport. As one ages we get less willing or able to continually get up off the chair.

Reactions: Al ears and DougK1

FMIB

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Thank you. Just wish I had started where I ended up. The PL100's ii really are the icing on the cake, just blown away how good they sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts