HELP NEEDED WITH LIP SYNC PROBLEMS WITH VIRGIN HD BOX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

I recently had virgin tv fitted,but have a problem,when using my av amp (yamaha dsp-ax763) for audio for the virgin hd box,the audio is delayed.I have been into the lip sync menu on the yamaha,and tried to adjust it but this has not worked,i have the virgin box direct to my tv via hdmi and audio via an optical lead(a cheap one)your help would be much appreciated.

many thanks pete

A

Anonymous

Sorry I can't help, but i too have the same Amp and Virgin HD and also have lip Sync problems, but only on certain channels and even then it's not on all programs. I too have tried tweeking the lip sync on the Yamaha with no results.
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

My sky box has a audio delay in the settings, not sure if virgin does or not?

A

Anonymous

Had a look through the vbox settings and cant see anything for lip sync delay,finding it annoying,i only noticed it while i had friends round to watch the 1st england match.Will check to see if its the same on all channels,i thought it might be something to to with having two different leads from the box(optical and hdmi).will try using the hdmi through the amp insted of using the optical for audio.

A

Anonymous

Doesnt virgin box support DD Audio through HDMI ?

Or is it the same as sky, optical only

A

Anonymous

Im not sure ,think i will try using just the hmdi straight into the amp,only problem is that the yamaha only has 2 hdmi inputs,which is a shame as its an excellent amp,currently pondering whether to change it though,but not sure what to go for,would most likely be another yamaha amp,have had onkyo in the past but just think the yammys are better,just my opinion.anyone got any suggestions if i did change my amp.budget would be around the £500 mark.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
canada16:
Doesnt virgin box support DD Audio through HDMI ?

Or is it the same as sky, optical only

Yes, the Virgin box does support DD through HDMI (unlike the Sky box).

A

Anonymous

You get better sound with just the HDMI andy, or is it the same as using optical.

I know DD is DD, but wondering if any benifits just using the HDMI.

I am moving to virgin once they get the HD Movies, as 70.00 with all chanells including 50mb BB

oh yeh

A

Anonymous

Best thing i did moving to virgin,the broadband is excellent, 20mb and thats good enough,just purchased a new 50" plasma (lg50pk590) and hd is very good from virgin.

A

Anonymous

I hear they dont cap on broadband anymore as well.

Thats why I left, I have 10mb and if I watched to much tv or downloaded to much on-line, my speed went down to 2mb, which I was not happy as I paid for 10mb.

Good move by virgin to allow, truley unlimited

I wonder if they will charge for HD once they get all of sky-hd channels, in the next month or two

A

Anonymous

Lets hope not.i have to admit,i actually thought the broadband would be capped at peak times but i have not noticed any differences at all,good stuff all round ,also virgin do their own internet security,which is great as my norton had just expired.

A

Anonymous

Just tried using the hdmi from virgin hd box to amp,All lip sync problems gone,works fine,tried switching through the channels and didnt notice any lag.looks like i may have to change my amp as it only has 2 hdmi inputs.was thinking of changing soon anyway.

A

Anonymous

The only reason i have my Virgin to Amp through optical is because i dont want to keep the Amp on for just watching TV. I would have to if using HDMI. If that makes sense.

A

Anonymous

Same to be honest,only because the wife doesnt like the tv through the amp,but for certain programmes its good to use the amp,

A

Anonymous

Lol...got to keep the wife happy!
emotion-1.gif
. To be honest i'm kinda getting used to the slight delay in lip sync, it's a bit like watching a dubbed movie.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts