Need help with TV/Sky box settings

Have a LG 32 LS5600 TV and a Sky - HD box, both are around 7-8 years old. Whenever the clocks go change to BST or winter on the TV screen usually changes automatically. I've unplugged both for around 5 minutes last night, still the TV clock is showing 11.45 BST. I've tried going through the Sky box settings and can't find anything relating to manually changing the time or overriding it.

Any help will be appreciated. It's really triggering me, driving me nuts.

Cheers, PP.

D

Deleted member 196519

Have a LG 32 LS5600 TV and a Sky - HD box, both are around 7-8 years old. Whenever the clocks go change to BST or winter on the TV screen usually changes automatically. I've unplugged both for around 5 minutes last night, still the TV clock is showing 11.45 BST. I've tried going through the Sky box settings and can't find anything relating to manually changing the time or overriding it.

Any help will be appreciated. It's really triggering me, driving me nuts.

Cheers, PP.
They haven’t reprogrammed the satelites yet PP mine are exactly the same.

Have you checked the time and date settings on your TV?

Is it your Sky box that's displaying the time or the TV?
Here's a funny thing. The TV on it's own lost the signal about 6 years ago, after a couple of days of strong winds. Haven't been up in the attic or checked the antenna since, just relying on the Sky box to receive all TV and radio.

Yes, the TV is displaying the time (Sky box doesn't have a clock on it), and the TV clock is still in British Summer Time.

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Difficult to tell from the photograph as they both look like F plugs. One of them should be from the Lnb on the dish and should go into the 'Dish Input 1' socket. Not sure what the other one is for unless you have an output to a distribution amplifier or you have a normal aerial connected to the 'Aerial in' socket.

It's back working fine. However still have one cable where I don't know where it goes.

Thanks to @bigboss and the others for your collective help.
If everything's working as intended for you, you probably don't need the dangling cable. I suspect it's the cable for the 2nd tuner in your Sky box, for recording a channel while you watch another channel. That's why you're not noticing any issues.

If everything's working as intended for you, you probably don't need the dangling cable. I suspect it's the cable for the 2nd tuner in your Sky box, for recording a channel while you watch another channel. That's why you're not noticing any issues.
Just a another point. That cheap Panny Bluray player you recommended from RS years ago, still hasn't missed a beat. One of the best cut price bargains I've ever purchased.

Cheers

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts