Help please with Cyrus Streamline with Arcam Muso speakers, Arcam BDP100, Sky+HD, iPhone 5, iPad & Apple TV

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
:help: Just upgraded from an Arcam Solo Music to a Cyrus Streamline and hooked it up to my existing Arcam Muso speakers, Arcam BDP100 Blueray player, sky+hd box, Apple tv, iPad 1 and iPhone 5 via USB cable. The sound is too in your face that to me sounds too much treble and too little bass. I can't seem to find any tone controls on the Cyrus Streamline so I'm assuming Cyrus thinks their sound is perfect. I have Muso speakers as space is very tight so I'd like some advice please about what very small speakers would be a better match with the Streamline? Or whether to ditch the Streamline and go for an Arcam Solo Neo? Or if you can indeed tweak the tone controls of the Streamline? Many thanks, Stuart

Hi and welcome...

Please don't say you purchased the Cyrus blind?

You really cannot get a different sounding combo. Arcam is fairly smooth and involving, while Cyrus is like fingernails down a blackboard IMO.

No, Cyrus don't have tone controls AFAIA.

Speakers for Cyrus: Dynaudio, Epos, PMC, Spendor. As an outside choice, if space is really tight Rega RS1.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
:oops: yup a complete impulse buy when I saw a real bargain on the internet and having always longed for a Cyrus set up since a kid I jumped at it. Only to find sometimes when you get what you wished for you wish you hadn't wished for it after all! I now realise I really like the Arcam signature sound and the Streamline will go on ebay to make someone's Christmas :wave:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts