Arcam CD5 CD player cannot do gapless playback (EDIT - software update now available - see post 86)

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I don't think I've EVER used FF or RW since I got my first CDP 33 years ago.

But to each their own if this kind of thing is important.
Indeed.
I use FF and RW regular especially with some of my classical.
Also in the morning rush I like to get straight to the good bits whilst getting ready 😁

speedthing

Apr 2, 2024
Visit site
I have the Arcam CD5 its a great player there are plenty of electronics you buy these days that have to have firmware updates form time to time TV's etc so I don't see what the big deal is. That said I do think Arcam should have sent this out with the basics sorted and I do hope that they do an update for CD TXT I kind of miss that from my old Arcam CD player.

Last edited:
Reactions: manicm and nopiano

Gray

I have the Arcam CD5 its a great player there are plenty of electronics you buy these days that have to have firmware updates form time to time TV's etc so I don't see what the big deal is. That said I do think Arcam should have sent this out with the basics sorted and I do hope that they do an update for CD TXT I kind of miss that from my old Arcam CD player.
The need to update a CDP would be a big deal for me.
For the past 22 years, my Marantz CD-6000KI has done all that that a CDP should do.
And it will continue to do it, with never any need for an update.
(Bad enough that I cant avoid the 'necessity' for updates on my phone or laptop).

Last edited:

Smokiro

Oct 5, 2021
Visit site
Do you know what really funny is?

Not that you buy product and have to email/call them to actually do basic what others do without question for decades. No, this is not funny.

In this very month May 2024 in Munich show.
Arcam rented room there for biggest audio show on planet Earth to present their offerings. Show is for 4 days. For 3 days they couldnt show products because they didnt clear customs in time.

Do you know what really funny is?

Not that you buy product and have to email/call them to actually do basic what others do without question for decades. No, this is not funny.

In this very month May 2024 in Munich show.
Arcam rented room there for biggest audio show on planet Earth to present their offerings. Show is for 4 days. For 3 days they couldnt show products because they didnt clear customs in time.
I guess Munich is the Hifi equivalent of a pissup in a brewery! Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts