Hegel house sound

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Romulus said:
When  Rick gets better is the home audition of Hegel H190 still on?
Spoken to Rick yesterday. The plan hasn't changed. As soon as he's back H160 goes back and I'm picking up Rost. There's no time frame on H190 but Rick assured me it is happening. I will not be doing a home demo. I will just buy it as soon as it's available. Based on everything I've read and Rost/H160 experiences it should be ideal for me.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Romulus said:
When Rick gets better is the home audition of Hegel H190 still on?
Spoken to Rick yesterday. The plan hasn't changed. As soon as he's back H160 goes back and I'm picking up Rost. There's no time frame on H190 but Rick assured me it is happening. I will not be doing a home demo. I will just buy it as soon as it's available. Based on everything I've read and Rost/H160 experiences it should be ideal for me.

I feel excited on your behalf....!

insider9

Romulus said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:

Thanks, I am excited too :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Romulus said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:

Really glad you are having fun testing all this kit. How do you honestly compare the Sugden with the Hegel. Iam asking these questions because of blacksabbath's audition with Sugden today :)

All the best :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Romulus said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:

Really glad you are having fun testing all this kit. How do you honestly compare the Sugden with the Hegel. Iam asking these questions because of blacksabbath's audition with Sugden today :)

insider9

newlash09 said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:

Impossible to compare as not heard Sugden. Also very speaker dependent.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
newlash09 said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:
insider9 said:
Romulus said:

Impossible to compare as not heard Sugden. Also very speaker dependent.

Iam mistaken sorry, thought you were using a sugden with your red rose speakers.

insider9

It's Densen I'm using Newlash09. I'll quite happily do a bigger write up of Hegel and Densen next week. I'm picking up Rost on Tuesday.

But in short I really enjoy both. They are different in many ways and quite similar in others. It's really a matter of preference and speaker matching. When comparing Rost vs B-110. I couldn't say hand on heart they are on a vastly different level and it's all down to preference. I can see myself coming back to a higher level Densen in the future as really enjoy the sound.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
It's Densen I'm using Newlash09. I'll quite happily do a bigger write up of Hegel and Densen next week. I'm picking up Rost on Tuesday.

But in short I really enjoy both. They are different in many ways and quite similar in others. It's really a matter of preference and speaker matching. When comparing Rost vs B-110. I couldn't say hand on heart they are on a vastly different level and it's all down to preference. I can see myself coming back to a higher level Densen in the future as really enjoy the sound.

I would buy your ears if you ever put them on sale :)

Sadly I find that everything sounds the same to me. I was so happy with the bluesound powernode till I lent it to a friend . And he came back that it didn't sound anything like hifi and he was disappointed with the sound quality. Ever since iam being prudent recommending the bluesound to anyone else.

newlash09 said:
insider9 said:
I would buy your ears if you ever put them on sale :)

Sadly I find that everything sounds the same to me. I was so happy with the bluesound powernode till I lent it to a friend . And he came back that it didn't sound anything like hifi and he was disappointed with the sound quality. Ever since iam being prudent recommending the bluesound to anyone else.
It just depends on the speakers used with it. I had great results using the Ophidian Minimos at £600 and the Mambos at £1600. Even sounded perfectly fine with Heco Direkt Einklangs.

drummerman said:
MUSICRAFT said:
drummerman said:
insider9 said:
Any more thoughts on H90, Drummerman?

Hi Insider. - All good. I really enjoy it.

Hi drummerman

And a great buy for less then £500 *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Indeed :)

Our talk earlier also gave me an idea for a possible substantial upgrade without compromising on options.

Very interesting and a pleasure talking to you.

Hi drummerman

You're welcome *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

insider9

MUSICRAFT said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
I would just be happy to hear a hegal amplifier it doesn’t matter which model as long as it’s a hegal Rick *smile*

Hi Bs25

Fair enough and apart from the Rost if the H360 is available then you and insider9 are also more than welcome to hear the H360 *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Very kind offer Rick, thanks. What are your thoughts Blacksabbath25?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Yep I am happy to hear any hegal amplifier

Schmegel.

That is a lovely amp you have. Like Insiders Son of Den, it will not easily be surpassed in anything other than perhaps outright power.

I had less of an issue with the elderly Cyrus pus PSX-R, which in some respects holds its own with the humble H90.

Your comparison takes place on a different level.

However, I have not disconnected the Hegel since it arrived. This has not happened in years.

Without wanting to influence your opinion, the amplifier is a slow burner. It was only after a while that I realized that it does very little wrong rather than a few things right as many others imho.

Liquid and neutral but not boring.

Enjoy your dem and remember to warm it up for an hour at least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts